News:

Topic: Mirror in Place  (Read 1732 times)

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
August 23, 2017, 09:51:11 am
Hi,

im again, with noob question^^. Is it possible to just mirror the object on the same place? What i mean is mirror but not using object pivot orientation.

I was trying to create a composite tool, but i dont get the "true"pivot orientation aligned to world.
See screenshot (1,2). Just mirror this "P" on the same place.
Thanks in advance

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 23, 2017, 11:28:29 am
If done manually, Change manipulator: Position selection/Orientation World and use "Flip XYZ"

It can be done with a composite tool, but with lack of any dedicated flip/mirror tools for composite, there needs to be a workaround and a need to either have a fixed world axis used, or 3 tools created.

I have created an example composite tool (attached at bottom), it will mirror the selection along the world X axis (local YZ plane)

In Nvil, top menu:- Composite tools >> Import Composite tools

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
August 23, 2017, 01:49:11 pm
Yes that is really helpful. Thanks a lot Steve!

Now i realized( if im looking at composite tool components)  that is much complex to create composite tools that i was thinking at the beginning.
I mean for first i need to learn all the tools^^ before i can do similar great "helpers" like you.. :)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 23, 2017, 10:47:49 pm
I have made request for new tool (P_Flip) that would make it a lot easier to create composite tool.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 06, 2017, 11:15:52 am
Hi Woolfy,

Just to let you know.
In the latest test build (Sep-5), IStonia added "P_Flip", so you can now easily set up your own "mirror in place" tools.(no need for my workaround)

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
September 07, 2017, 09:31:19 pm
Ok thanks a lot guys, and for the info too!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:33:13 pm by Woolfy »