News:

Topic: Automatic Autosmooth  (Read 2592 times)

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
July 14, 2017, 01:47:18 pm
Hi,

is it possible to set Autosmooth  ------> P_Autosmooth_Whole(") action to be applied automaticaly after every modelling step, for example like extrusion or move, scale etc?

Right now i model a lot of hardsurface stuff and it is great to see harden edges even on lowpoly basemeshes. Love this feature...

In the moment i use hotkey to perform it after 2-3 steps, but it would be nice if it would be already there all the time (maybe as checkbox)
I was triying to set autosmooth as "on exit" action for every tool in streamline, but then it acts as additional action step and landing in undo history. So i need always undo twice, if i want undo , what is not cool.

Thanks in advance!

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 14, 2017, 02:32:10 pm
I was triying to set autosmooth as "on exit" action for every tool in streamline, but then it acts as additional action step and landing in undo history. So i need always undo twice, if i want undo , what is not cool.

You will need to set "P_Autosmooth_Whole" up via composite tool, so you can change the functions parameters.

Go To top menu>> "Composite tools", in drop down menu, select "Create new". Name tool as needed. Use "Add" to add "P_Autosmooth_Whole" to toolset. Select "P_Autosmooth_Whole" in the composite tool toolset list, you will then see its parameters in the top window, change the last parameter (CreateUndoKey(bool)) to "false". Click "OK" to finish.
In the streamline tool, you can add that new composite tool to the "On Exit" event. It will not add undo event.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
July 14, 2017, 02:57:28 pm
Yes,

that is exact what i was looking for.. :D

Thanks a lot Steve!