News:

Topic: New Tool Test "Draw Mesh"  (Read 36563 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
September 15, 2017, 02:01:15 pm
Thanks for the fix. Downloading it now.
I'll restart retopo of the snail and record the process.

Meanwhile, baked normal and occlusion maps:

Hi Rubberduck!

Thanks for sharing. Very funny character!

Bye.

Marco (mkdm)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 15, 2017, 08:18:43 pm
Thanks, Marco.

IStonia,
Do you think you could add a (temporary!) option to toggle rendering of those Xs so I can record the video without them, but at the same time be able to re-enable them if this bug shows up?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 16, 2017, 07:17:32 am
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-17-17Test.rar

The hotkey for testing is Ctrl+End

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 16, 2017, 12:34:47 pm
Break line (RMB+ALT+SPACE) throws NullReferenceException and removes the other half of the line:
Code: [Select]
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.ModelDesigner.Strln_DrawRetopo.BreakLine()
   at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.ModelDesigner.Strln_DrawRetopo.OnAppFormKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.ModelDesigner.StreamLineEngine.OnAppFormKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.ModelDesigner.OnAppFormKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.OnAppFormKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignForm.OnKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at DigitalFossil.KeyboardControler.OnKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at DigitalFossil.KeyboardControler.Form_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignForm.OnDisableKeyCapturedDown(Keys key)
   at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.StartForm.loopTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:36:52 pm by rubberDuck »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 16, 2017, 12:57:54 pm
I caught that bug with Xs!
Right before it crawled out from under the rock, I had NVil window running non-maximized (but in the foreground), I moved my cursor up to my Windows taskbar and launched Task Manager to check some stuff. When I returned to NVil, the bug was already running loose.
Maybe there's a connection between the bug and NVil loosing window focus when Draw Mesh is active? I tried to reproduce it multiple times after restarting NVil, but to no avail.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5_r9d5SdkIvZGVtM01VVEEtTHc

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 16, 2017, 01:18:05 pm

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 16, 2017, 02:14:03 pm
I caught that bug with Xs!
Right before it crawled out from under the rock, I had NVil window running non-maximized (but in the foreground), I moved my cursor up to my Windows taskbar and launched Task Manager to check some stuff. When I returned to NVil, the bug was already running loose.
Maybe there's a connection between the bug and NVil loosing window focus when Draw Mesh is active? I tried to reproduce it multiple times after restarting NVil, but to no avail.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5_r9d5SdkIvZGVtM01VVEEtTHc

Did the strange straight line appeared just right after you pressed mouse button but before you dragged?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 16, 2017, 02:38:11 pm
Good question. I think right after LMB-down, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll have to verify this next time this bug shows up.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 16, 2017, 03:02:24 pm
Ok, depressing LMB and holding the mouse completely still doesn't generate this straight line. It only appears after I drag the mouse.
I have this bug currently active again.

• No avatar
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 16, 2017, 11:34:48 pm
Try turning snapping on/off and see if that can get rid of it.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 17, 2017, 12:01:50 am
Yes, if I toggle snapping then this problem disappears. :)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 17, 2017, 12:27:24 am
The file renewed. Hopefully you won't see that bug again.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-17-17Test.rar

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 17, 2017, 07:20:07 am

• Polygon
September 17, 2017, 08:08:01 am
This is such a fantastic tool with lots of possible uses.

Istonia

When retopo patching hard surface objects it would be great if there was an option to draw a curved spline ?

In the image below I had to manually tweak each vert to get the curvature at the bottom of the aircraft but if spline option was available in draw mesh it be brilliant.

I don't know if it is possible but would be really useful to have for drawing or retopologising hard surface objects.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:10:51 am by kevjon »