News:

Topic: NVil released on Steam  (Read 5918 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 24, 2017, 09:32:09 am

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
March 24, 2017, 08:35:52 pm
Awesome!  Good  models to showcase the amazing app!

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 24, 2017, 11:29:28 pm
Congratulations! I hope that sales will skyrocket now, because NVil simply deserves it. Packed with so many features, yet so simple to use after you tailor it to fit your workflow.  :)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 25, 2017, 12:02:04 am
Just one question. Will any further updates to NVil be available here in the "News and Updates" section as usual, or they will be limited to Steam only?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 25, 2017, 12:09:32 am
It will be the same as before.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 25, 2017, 11:15:58 am
Ok, the title says it all
http://store.steampowered.com//app/592350?beta=0

Hi Istonia.

Congratulations for this new "adventure" !!

You did an excellent software that must be known!

Best wishes for your job.

- Marco (mkdm)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
April 05, 2017, 04:34:36 pm
Any way for licensed users to change their license to Steam instead? I like that Steam automatically updates for you. Also, it would allow us to promote the software on Steam better by writing reviews, posting artwork, etc.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 09, 2017, 04:33:06 pm
I don't think that's possible. I can't access data on Steam side. Steam won't allow it because they don't earn from this activity.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
April 10, 2017, 03:29:52 am
Sounds good - I know in the past there have been other software packages that were able to transfer licenses to Steam. I'm honestly not sure how it works, it seemed like they had a way of just generating a Steam key for whoever needed it. I was able to get Steam keys for both Substance Painter and PD Howler this way.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
April 11, 2017, 06:42:42 pm
I don't think that's possible. I can't access data on Steam side. Steam won't allow it because they don't earn from this activity.

I looked into this a little more and it looks like you can generate as many keys as you want for free (see https://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/faq/). Here is a quote of the relevant section:

If my game is accepted through Steam Greenlight, can I give my previous customers keys for the Steam version?
Once your game is accepted for distribution on Steam, we will give you as many keys for your game as you want at no cost.

So it looks like you just have to request keys from Steam to give to customers who want to exchange their license.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • My worklog
April 21, 2017, 10:44:09 pm
Congrats!