News:

Topic: How to add a StreamLine Basic Tool to custom window  (Read 1710 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
March 31, 2017, 08:14:09 am
Hi there again, I want to create a custom window with three buttons; one for the local rotation, another for local scale, and a local move button. But, I cannot find them in the Tool Group "StreamLine Basic Tool". I only see "StreamLine Engine Tools". Which does not have what I need.
However, when I use Tool Search I see "StreamLine Basic Tools -> Subobject Tools -> Local Rotate Selection#"

Any idea on how to add StreamLine Basic Tools to a custom window?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 31, 2017, 08:54:31 am
Hi,

You will need to create streamline tool first.

example:-
1: Edit > customize > streamline tools
2: (in streamline engine tools config window) New tool > Subobject tool
3: Select new tool that is added to list (rename as required)
4: (With new tool still selected) in "Mouse function tools" click on "set" for which mouse click you want to use. In the popup window(streamline basic tools), select the basic_tool you want.
NOTE: If you want to add the tool to NMB(No Mouse Button), in tools options, enable "Activate NMB action on activated" (that is so the tool will function correctly when called from user button)
5: Click Apply, streamline engine tools window will close.

6: When setting your user button "event action", look down the "tool list" for "Streamline Engine Tools" and add the tool you created.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
March 31, 2017, 09:07:09 am
Thanks a lot Steve for the big help! Works as expected.

• Polygon
September 28, 2017, 08:42:56 am
Thanks Steve

I found some good Streamline Basic relax tools in tool search but didn't know how to find them when trying to assign them to a button.

Your post above got me sorted.