News:

Topic: Need help on Nvil store page in Steam  (Read 6021 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 21, 2017, 02:47:57 am
Hi all,

I am currently setting up the store page in Steam for Nvil. I need at least 5 high-res screen shots, widescreen format (ideally 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080). png files are preferred. If you can provide any that would be very helpful.

Also if you are a Steam user, please let me know. I want to know how Steam users are here.

Thanks!

IStonia
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:14:04 am by IStonia »

• Polygon
February 21, 2017, 07:48:08 am
I'm a steam user.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 21, 2017, 07:05:19 pm
I posted some screenshots in General Discussion, can send you originals if you want.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 21, 2017, 08:51:05 pm
I posted some screenshots in General Discussion, can send you originals if you want.

Yes, please send me the original.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 22, 2017, 11:08:40 am
Can any one provide models for the purpose of making a trailer video?

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 22, 2017, 03:36:43 pm
Can any one provide models for the purpose of making a trailer video?

Hi Istonia!

I don't know if this could be good for your purposes but this is a funny monster that I did in Rocket3F
and reloaded in NVIL.
It's only a very very simple organic model but I usually model in a Nurbs environement (Moi/Rhino)
and right now I'm still learning Poly/SDS with Rocket3F/NVIL.

Anyway this is the download link of the NVIL file : http://take.ms/GMW1l

And these are some simple works and renderings I have done in 3D-Coat and InstantLight realtime renderer.

You can freely use this stuff.

Unfortunately I've lost the original project files for 3DCoat/InstantLight...

See you!

- Marco (mkdm)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 22, 2017, 07:39:49 pm
Thanks Marco!

Only those screenshots taken from Nvil are acceptable.

• Triangle
February 22, 2017, 08:15:33 pm
I'm a steam user, too. Unfortunately I haven't modeled anything in a long time. I'll look up some old files, but mostly they're fairly simple.
For the trailer video, I personally think it'll be best, if you showcase NVils strength, which are its high ability for customization and its fast workflow as a result of your stream tools, selection tools etc. The composite tools are nice, but lack the flexibility that python scripting has in other packages. But it's your product, do as you please.
You probably already watched how other software distributors do these things, like silo, which is presented more slowly, or substance designer, which has more bang to it.

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 22, 2017, 10:00:22 pm
Thanks Marco!

Only those screenshots taken from Nvil are acceptable.

I understand Istonia.

Feel free to use the model I posted also for loading it into NVIL and posing or modifying it
in any way.

See you!

- Marco (mkdm)

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
February 23, 2017, 07:07:15 pm
Istonia, I used Voidworld then NVil in the latter part of my career at Lionhead studios before they sadly closed their doors.  NVil saved my sanity on numerous occasions due to it's versatile tools and rock solid symmetry.

Pretty much anything you see here was retopologised in NVil.
https://mikemorton.carbonmade.com/projects/5987065

Sadly I never thought to take screenshots of work in progress.  I could maybe try to mock up a few WIPs if you need Kun.  Just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:09:19 pm by ghib »
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 23, 2017, 09:06:32 pm
Hi ghib, since those images are not taken straight from Nvil so I can't use them.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
February 24, 2017, 08:20:04 am
Sure I figured that, which is what I. Meant when I said 'I could maybe mock up a few images'.  I'm in the middle of a deadline right now so time is really precious, when do you need the images by?
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 24, 2017, 08:31:13 am
I don't have deadline. But as soon as I get the screenshots and trailer video done I am ready to publish Nvil.
I don't think mock up is a good idea though as the fake looking will be obvious. Also since they are commercial contents for other company so it may cause problem.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
February 24, 2017, 08:35:43 am
Ah no, what I meant by mock up would be to take the actual decimated Zbrush model into NVil again and do some retopology work.  Then take an 'in progress screenshot'. Thereby reproducing what I did in production.

I did not mean to fake it in Photoshop or anything like that.  However I don't want to become your bottleneck for publishing.
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 24, 2017, 08:52:48 am
I see. If there is no legal issue you can do it, but only if you have comfortable time. Also can you shoot a short video about 15 seconds when doing it? So I can use it as part of the trailer.