News:

Topic: "D" key move all boundary edges in retopo mode?  (Read 3161 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
December 15, 2017, 02:46:31 am
Hi.

So, in Nvil from August 22 2017 if i`m in retopo mode and i hit and hold "D" i will move just the set of edges in one side of the retopology mesh, so if i have an square of polys i will move just one side. But in one of the latest updates from december 13 if i hit and hold "D" the whole boundary of the retopology mesh will move and not just one set of edges. Same thing with extrution "Shift D".

I know that i can hit and hold "D", click one edge and then the other to select a range and then move or extrude if i`m also holding shift.

I just wanted to know if this way of moving the whole boundary with one key is a new way of the latest version.

Thanks

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 15, 2017, 02:52:08 am
Can you show screen shots? I find it difficult to understand what you described.
Also what has been assigned to "D" key?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
December 15, 2017, 02:52:47 am
Most of us have NVil customized so much that I think it's safe to assume that we don't even know what the 'D' key stands for in your configuration. Can you check your hotkey and see what that key invokes in your config?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 15, 2017, 12:04:35 pm
Hi.

So, in Nvil from August 22 2017 if i`m in retopo mode and i hit and hold "D" i will move just the set of edges in one side of the retopology mesh, so if i have an square of polys i will move just one side. But in one of the latest updates from december 13 if i hit and hold "D" the whole boundary of the retopology mesh will move and not just one set of edges. Same thing with extrution "Shift D".

I know that i can hit and hold "D", click one edge and then the other to select a range and then move or extrude if i`m also holding shift.

I just wanted to know if this way of moving the whole boundary with one key is a new way of the latest version.

Thanks

Yes, I have changed it for cases when whole border is needed to work on. You still can use "S" for the previous option.
I have fixed some related bugs so please try this new version
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Dec-16-17.rar

---------

Most of us have NVil customized so much that I think it's safe to assume that we don't even know what the 'D' key stands for in your configuration. Can you check your hotkey and see what that key invokes in your config?

rubberDuck, he is talking about the visual Retopo tool.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
December 15, 2017, 01:26:09 pm
Thanks IStonia, the "S" key works great moving and extruding just like the "D" key before the change in retopo mode. ;)