News:

Topic: Weld vertices to averaged center point  (Read 2502 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 15, 2016, 02:23:47 pm
Which tool should I use for welding vertices to their averaged center point - the opposite of a target weld. I always used Subobject Shortcut Tools >> Weld assigned to On Tapped event of my streamline tool, but it stopped working some time ago.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 15, 2016, 02:32:11 pm
If welding all sub_selection to average position, I use "Collapse" (tool from "Subobject shortcut tools > Weld(general), or, "Subobject shortcut tools > Collapse").

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 15, 2016, 02:49:03 pm
If welding all sub_selection to average position, I use "Collapse" (tool from "Subobject shortcut tools > Weld(general), or, "Subobject shortcut tools > Collapse").
Ah, okay. I just realized that with both Collapse and Weld(general), if I want to weld two or more vertices at their averaged position, I need to select them in edges or faces mode. Otherwise, if I select them in vertex mode, then both tools will act as target weld because selection order of vertices will be respected. Weird.  ::)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 16, 2016, 11:58:18 am
Hi rubberDuck,

Yes, sorry, I forgot about the target weld feature.

I can make a composite tool for you. Do you want average position for vertex weld to be "geometry" or "bounded box"?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 16, 2016, 12:17:17 pm
Hi rubberDuck,

Have made a composite tool to weld/collapse vertex(or subobjects) to bounded_box center.

If, for some reason, you want the weld to be to "Geometry" center, open/edit the composite tool and change the "Condition met" from "If" to "If Not"

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:26:02 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 16, 2016, 04:26:34 pm
Hi rubberDuck,

Have made a composite tool to weld/collapse vertex(or subobjects) to bounded_box center.

If, for some reason, you want the weld to be to "Geometry" center, open/edit the composite tool and change the "Condition met" from "If" to "If Not"
Thanks Steve for this awesome tool!
I have set it to "if not", which I believe is the average position of all selected points because everything gets welded at the same position as manipulator in Pivot(Selection) mode. :) Great!