News:

Topic: Merge meshes / objects Command  (Read 2922 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
September 22, 2016, 10:43:12 am
Hi Istonia and everyone,

I need help. I'm using latest version of NVIL and I can't find the tools for merge meshes.
Where is it ?

Here's a simple example...

Let's suppose we have 2 flat ngons (two  stars) and they are two separated objects one on top of each other at a given distance.
I want to bridge the edgdes of the two stars.
(just to obtain a results like shelling one of that stars, but i say this only for example,
because I need to merge the objects).

1) How can I merge those two or more separated objects in one single object (not booleans but merge) ?
2) How can I merge their meshes ?
3) How can I separate merged things ?

I suppose that after merged I can run the Bridge command.

Please help.

Nice day!

- Marco (mkdm)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 22, 2016, 02:11:21 pm
Let's suppose we have 2 flat ngons (two  stars) and they are two separated objects one on top of each other at a given distance.
I want to bridge the edgdes of the two stars.
(just to obtain a results like shelling one of that stars, but i say this only for example,
because I need to merge the objects).

1) How can I merge those two or more separated objects in one single object (not booleans but merge) ?
2) How can I merge their meshes ?
3) How can I separate merged things ?

I suppose that after merged I can run the Bridge command.

Please help.

Nice day!

- Marco (mkdm)
Hi Mkdm. To answer your questions:
1 and 2) Use Object Shortcut Tools->Combine(Merge Meshes).
3) Select faces that you want to separate into a new object and use Common Modeling Shortcut Tools->Split.

If you intend to bridge them, remember to flip normals of one of them with Common Modelling Shortcut Tools->Flip Polygon Facing. It works on faces and objects.

• No avatar
  • Spline
September 22, 2016, 03:08:39 pm
Hi Mkdm. To answer your questions:
1 and 2) Use Object Shortcut Tools->Combine(Merge Meshes).
3) Select faces that you want to separate into a new object and use Common Modeling Shortcut Tools->Split.

If you intend to bridge them, remember to flip normals of one of them with Common Modelling Shortcut Tools->Flip Polygon Facing. It works on faces and objects.

Hi rubberDuck,

It works! Thank you very much for your help.

Just out of curiosity...
I see that often the replies to answers arrive from anyone, but ...almost never from Istonia.

I'm a little worried about that.

Someone told me that Istonia in this period is very busy.
I understand but...I hope him will be more active on its forum, for its customers.

Nice day,

- Marco (mkdm)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:11:17 pm by mkdm »