News:

Topic: Viewports  (Read 1633 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 25, 2016, 02:15:37 pm
Hi Istonia,

When you have time, would it be possible to add commands to select the viewports, so that I can set hotkeys/buttons that will select/maximize a viewport (so that they can be used in single viewport (Viewport layout > one view))

Viewport(1) Top
Viewport(2) Front
Viewport(3) Right
Viewport(4) Custom Perspective

Would it also be possible to add a single command that will "flip" the current orthographic viewport camera?

Flip viewport camera direction:
(so for example, if I am using the front viewport(2), the "Flip viewport camera" will toggle the camera between front and back view).

-----------------------------------

Although I think a bug, could you please make the "Preference > Option" > Directional orthographic view rotation locked" actually lock the orthographic viewports. Currently the lock is bypassed using the "View navigation tools" (such as the "snap view on rotating" / "Snap view on rotating (orthographic)). That may of been intentional in one of the updates?, but (imho)the "Directional orthographic view rotation locked" should actally be locking the orthographic views from any rotation (as it used to do).

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:41:48 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 10, 2016, 08:49:41 am
Try this
  http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-10-16.rar

Edit > Customize > Tools > View Navigation Tools > Flip Directional Orthographic View.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 11, 2016, 09:15:27 am
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-11-16.rar

* Edit > Customize > Tools > View Navigation Tools > Select Viewport(1/2/3/4) In OneViewLayout.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > View Navigation Tools > Select Viewport(1/2/3/4) In FourViewLayout.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 11, 2016, 01:48:59 pm
Hi Istonia,

Many Thanks.

When you have time, could you please check, there appears to be a new bug. When pressing/releasing any key, there is a delay before nvil actually releases the key (the delay depends on how long the key is pressed before its release). I have checked with a new config.

Simple example. Start Nvil with default config. Press "Alt" key(keep pressed for a few seconds) and release, Nvil keeps the key_press active (after key release)for approx same lenght of time it was actually pressed.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 12, 2016, 11:30:02 am

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 13, 2016, 11:35:56 am
Looking Good,

Many Thanks,

• No avatar
  • Spline
September 28, 2016, 11:35:19 pm
Hi Istonia,

It would be possible while using 2/3/4 layout, to have the opportunity to seamlessly move the mouse cursor
from one viewport to another, while doing operation ?
(like object creation or rotating/scaling/moving things)

Actually the mouse movements seems to be constrained within the viewport where the operation has started.

Here I post a link to a video that shows the issue.
The video is from a screen capture of Rocket3F but the behavior of NVIL is the same.
The final part of the view shows the same operation done in Moi3D, that has this type of seamless behavior.

http://take.ms/f183m

Thanks and nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:55:23 am by mkdm »