News:

Topic: Manipulator / Workplane  (Read 5188 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 23, 2012, 02:32:59 am
Hello,

I am just trying to work out some of the behavior of the manipulator.

When I have a segmented planer surface and I select a single polygon, with the manipulator set at "Orientation- selection" and "Pivot position- selection", the manipulator moves to that polygon with "Y-up" to polygon normal. If I then select 2 or more of those planer polygons the manipulator then changes orientation and is then "X-up" to polygon normals.
Should it be like that?

With the workplane, when selecting a single polygon then "Workplane- Align to selection", the workplane aligns but with "X-up" to polygon normal. When 2 or more planer polygons are selection, the workplane alignment is "Y-up"
Should the workplane not at least be consistent with the manipulator? Or better still, should the manipulator and the workplane not be consistent with the normal direction (Y-up) of the selected polygon(s)?.

--------------------

Sub-object vertex "Slide vertex"(G)
With the manipulator set at "Orientation-object" and "Pivot position- object", when using that function and the pivot is at default object position, the pivot position remains at that position after the slide as taken place.
If I have the manipulator manually set to location, the position of the manipulator after the slide is made has changed as an accumulated distance away from its set point as the slide distances made (moving the vertex by slide(G) moves the pivot points manual set location). I think that is a bug?

Regards,

-Steve

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:34:35 am by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 26, 2012, 11:30:11 am
They should all have been fixed now.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 26, 2012, 06:40:07 pm
Yes, excellent, many thanks

You appear to of made another change, not sure if it was intentional or not.
If the workplane is not locked, the workplane will not "Align to selection".
In previous version, if workplane was not locked, when using "Align workplane to selection" the workplane would auto-lock and align to selection.
Just though I should mention that.

Best Regards,

-Steve

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 29, 2012, 11:08:26 am
I have changed it back and also made it auto visible.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 29, 2012, 06:12:37 pm
Thank you very much.

Best regards,

-Steve