News:

Topic: Bits`n`pieces  (Read 18041 times)

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
November 04, 2012, 08:39:40 am
I don`t have benchmarks, sorry. I don`t even know how to use Cycles in detail. I render maybe two or three times a year. I create game content. Didn`t stop me to collect some knowledge about Cycles though :)
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http//www.reinerstilesets.de

• Edge
November 06, 2012, 01:40:49 am
Yeah, it's like learning a new program.
Sometimes I do some DIY stuff. I find it's a lot easier to collaborate your idea,
when you have a good picture.

I figured I could design it in VW, and render it in blender.

I did manage to get it loaded, and find the cycles renderer.
But I can't seem to get anything that looks like what Steve did.

Time to do some google searching. Maybe I can find a few good tutorials.
And if I'm really lucky, I'll find some good material libraries also.
Thanks.

• No avatar
  • Spline
July 13, 2013, 06:58:18 pm
Sorry if I'd necro'd the thread (a warning came up about this when I clicked reply), but I've been trying to recreate the "flexible tube" per your post on July 12, 2012... I realise that I'm having difficulty understanding what I need to do in order to create a "scale modify curve" that creates the effect shown in your image... I've messed around with modify curves a bit on the XY plane, but I admit that I'm having difficulty getting predictable results.  Would you be willing to take a screen cap, or post a .vsw file?  Thanks.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 14, 2013, 02:25:23 pm
I used "Slide"+ "Scale modify curve" for that example, however, it appears to no longer function correctly. It is broken.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 14, 2013, 11:00:26 pm
Here is a simple example of "Slide" + "Scale modify curve". This does work, it is only on the more complex shapes(such as the earlier example you mentioned that is having problems, possibly due to changes made by IStonia with the scale position).

1: spline to slide
2: path
3: scale curve

Result:-

VWS file attached:-

• No avatar
  • Spline
August 06, 2013, 05:18:55 pm
Sorry for the late response, but thanks for putting that file together.  I'll have a play with it this weekend.

• Edge
    • 3ddmd
September 13, 2013, 03:44:42 pm
Wow, very nice parametric-looking shapes. And a very nice Fallout helmet! The Cycles renderer is coming along nicely. :)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
November 06, 2013, 04:13:34 am
Building a model of "ED-E" (from game "Fallout"). currently WIP.

Snap shot from nvil:-

Still lots to do.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
November 10, 2013, 09:41:46 am
Quick update,

Not had much spare time, but managed to get some more bits done for this model. I will be merging the new parts with the main (wireframe in pic) body and retopo as needed.
I should have some spare time this afternoon to get at least that part finished.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:44:49 am by steve »

• Edge
    • 3ddmd
November 11, 2013, 07:33:58 pm
Really nice display of your modeling skills and NVil's underlying power.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
November 13, 2013, 02:11:58 pm
Hi chikega,

Thanks.
I have got a bit more done, although as always when I am building a model for myself, I tend to get distracted by experimenting with different ways to build in Nvil. It is a good way for me to learn, but does not get the model built quickly LOL.

As I am also playing around with Luxrender(SLG Path openCL). I was making some quick test renders to look for any possible rendering artifacts (due to possible bad geometry on the model). Here is one of the test renders of where I am up to with the model.

quick update.

Got sidelined again, this time changing Nvil UI LOL. If I was making the model for someone else, it would of been finished, uv mapped, and textured by now.

Made some changes and added some more bits. New test render:-

click image for full size.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:21:53 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
November 22, 2013, 05:45:21 am
Decided to call it a day with this model (ED-E) for now. There is still a bit more detail I could add, but will do that if I decide to texture it.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
    • http://samardac.com/
May 17, 2014, 01:50:55 pm
Have no Idea how did you make this withou subd?? Could you pleas explain or make some tutor, PLEAS :)

Especially this:

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:06:34 pm by samardac »
Portfolio: www.samardac.com

• Administrator
  • Polygon
    • http://samardac.com/
August 06, 2014, 12:59:50 pm
Steve you gave me video once how you made this projection on surface to make those hols e.t.c can not find it, could you pleas send it once again?
Portfolio: www.samardac.com

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 06, 2014, 01:31:32 pm
I made a video showing how to make a hole in sphere using "Align". The original post I made is >here<

vid link:-
http://www.mediafire.com/?3zsi5ez6a9a83ex

Is that the one?