News:

Topic: NVil Update Mar 18 2015  (Read 2731 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 18, 2015, 09:13:03 am
New Update
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Mar-18-15.rar
Prerequisites : A need to download/install end user runtime(for slimDX) http://slimdx.org/download.php (the .net 2 download)

Summary of changes:

* Some bug fixings.
  * Weld function is added to tweak tool. When tweaking a single vertex, click W key to weld that vertex to the nearest vertex.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > Polygon Shortcut Tools > P_Select Material From Selected Polygon.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > Polygon Shortcut Tools > P_Duplicate Material From Selected Polygon.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > Polygon Shortcut Tools > P_Duplicate Selected Polygons.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > Polygon Shortcut Tools > P_Select Similar Polygons.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > Polygon Shortcut Tools > P_Delete Selected Polygons.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > Edge Shortcut Toos > P_Delete Selected Edges.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > Vertex Shortcut Tools > Delete Selected Vertices.
  * Edit > Customize > Preference > General > Tooltip elapse time.
  * Snapping temporary commands can be mapped to streamline tool's Event Actions. Once the streamline tool is activated, those mapped snapping options will be on as long as the streamline tool is active.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
March 25, 2015, 12:02:15 pm
There seems to be a problem with the rendering of the wireframe on a mesh in this version.  The wireframe is pink instead of black, and I cannot double click on an edge to select edge loops etc. 

I'm just checking your Mar 09 update now as I skipped that version; to see if the problem is also there.

The last version that I had installed and that works well is 2015-Feb-01

p.s. ok just checked Mar 09 version and it is rendering fine.  So it just seems to be this latest version.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:05:28 pm by ghib »
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 26, 2015, 06:13:43 am
ghib, I don't see the problem. I don't think I have touched the rendering recently. It is likely a specific scene related. You may have the geometry too close to the front clipping plane.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
March 26, 2015, 10:51:27 am
Thanks for responding IStonia,  I don't think it was the clipping plane as I use the 'Set View Focusing Point' all the time as I work in Nvil.  Also the mesh wireframe was appearing pink/purple instead of the usual black.  So that wasn't normal.

Very Frustratingly, I can't seem to reproduce this issue today after testing a bit more.  It might have been a specific problem with a particular mesh I was working on.  Unfortunately I don't have access to it anymore as it's a temporary obj I overwrite all the time (AppLink style)

If I see this issue again I'll try and pin down what the problem is a bit more thoroughly.
Senior 3D Artist