News:

Topic: How to make UI more like Silo3D or Wings3D  (Read 2481 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • Kenmojr's Weblog
March 18, 2017, 11:10:31 pm
Giving VoidWorld 2.4 another try after getting quite frustrated a few years ago with the user interface, I'm starting to warm to Nvil as it seems like a logical upgrade from Silo. BUT I'm still having issues with the UI. Is there a UI preset available that makes NVil something like Silo3D or Wings3D?

I really dislike NVils UI exploding or flying out options and selections. I need something a lot more simplier and traditional...

PS: Not interested in creating my own preset. I want something that as already available. If I have to create my own, that'll be a BIG turn off and I'll stick with Hexagon3D or Silo3D until the Nil interface is less cluttered and less intimidating... If I want a confusing UI I'd give Blender a try for the 10th time or so...

Cheers

Kenmo

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • Kenmojr's Weblog
March 19, 2017, 02:20:38 pm
So I take it there is no option to do this. Too bad . After playing around with VoidWorld this could be my replacement for Hex & Silo BUT for the love of me I can not come to grasp with the interface. Really dislike those windows flying out....

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 19, 2017, 07:40:45 pm
You can uncheck this option
View > Tool Helper Options > Radial Menu Options > Default RMB Activation Enabled.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
March 23, 2017, 09:34:10 pm
Or try a preset theme.  I included icons....my hotkeys might not to your liking

http://samardac.com/nvil-forum/index.php/topic,2236.msg7072.html#msg7072

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • Kenmojr's Weblog
March 24, 2017, 01:52:38 pm
Thanks very much....downloaded and installed last night. I like the look and feel of this... Didn't have much time to really test it but WOW...very nice...