News:

Topic: Another primative  (Read 8684 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • Some of my art.
March 22, 2012, 04:59:02 am
Hi, I'd like to propose that another primitive might be possible to create with voidworld.

The primitive that I'm used to using and like to use is a sphere based on a cube instead of what is available in voidworld, with number of sections set at creation.

This is what it looks like:-

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
March 22, 2012, 09:33:52 am
Hey Space Cookie, that looks just like a subdivided cube. 

Try this:

1. Geometry > Create Primitives > Create Box
2. Clicka few times on - Geometry > Subdivision > Increase Subdivision
3. Geometry > Subdivision > Collapse Subdivision.

I have all these set to hotkeys so it might seem to you a long-winded process until you do the same.
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • Some of my art.
March 23, 2012, 01:22:18 am
Thankyou, yes, it's a little bit of a long winded way at the moment.  I think I'm just too impatient. :)

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
March 25, 2012, 12:48:39 pm
Spacecookie no probs.  with keyboard shortcuts setup it literally takes 2 seconds to make your primitive and a few button clicks.

My feelings about Voidworld (Nvil) are that; very specific and bespoke functions and features should be stripped out or omitted.  Instead Istonia should concentrate on giving us the tools with which we can create things.  There are already 2 different types of sphere primitive which we can use; the traditional kind with many triangles at the poles or 'Quad Cap'.

Senior 3D Artist

• Administrator
  • Polygon
March 25, 2012, 01:51:31 pm
why i think keeping things simple but maybe offering some sort of scripting would be great. Would be really powerfull if all the tools and commands were avaivble fire off in say some python scripting that can be bound to keys or put in a radial menu.

• Vertex
July 08, 2012, 12:36:52 pm
It's the Hexahedron sphere that Cinema 4D have as Primitive option, as already said, it's made out of a Catmull-Clark subdivided cube.