News:

Topic: turning off rmb tool-reset  (Read 8476 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 24, 2012, 09:12:21 am
Hi IStonio,
great changes in the last releases! There's one thing however which comes into my way, it is the "right click resets the tool" functionality. I never need this and would like to disable that function globally as it limits many of the advanced concepts of your Software. I would even suggest to turn this off as a default behaviour. It may be cool in packages which have very limited keyboard mapping but in Nvil?
It tends to get in the way with my navigation-scheme (rmb rotates camera) as well with my streamline tools. Z + nomb and lmb extrude on my machine, z + rmb call inset. Wnen I quickly change between the tools I run into this reset-behaviour.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 27, 2012, 01:23:30 am
done

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 30, 2012, 10:38:23 am
Thanks Istonia,
unfortunately I had to figure out that this does not solve my problem.
I like ghib have the impression that something got changed and I can not get it to behave again.
What I would like to have is to press a key (in my case Z) and with NMB, LMB and MMB extrude-operations  are called. With RMB I would like to run Inset. That stuff comes into each others way. Of course I don't want to have to drop the tool by hitting escape but fluidly interchange between them.

I think it was really great if you made a very thorough explanation of the streamline-system and of the options given here. I think I already belong to the sort of users who want to understand but the customization-concept as well as Event-Names  areeverything but self-explanatory as ghib states correctly.