News:

Topic: Insert n-number of edge loops and slide?  (Read 5920 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 09, 2015, 03:06:12 pm
To avoid trigger those tools, you can keep your mouse button being pressed down while release keys, provided the active tool is set to "Allow tapped to stay live", otherwise once you release mouse button the tool will be closed.

I am curious as to why "Allow tapped to stay alive" being active was not mentioned in your forum post concerning the "Home" key use.

The help file even gives incorrect information about its use. With a method of having to keep hotkey+mouse button pressed, then picking up the mouse so you can press the "Home" key with another finger. I have never read a work method so farcical.

This is from actual help file (contents > Modeling > Streamline Tool)
To open the hidden option dialog of a basic tool, press Home key once the basic tool is activated. It can be difficult to reach Home key without releasing hotkeys if the basic tool is activated through a hotkey + mouse button combination. There is two possible ways
While the mouse button is being pressed down, pick up the mouse and use another finger to press down Home key.
Release mouse button then press down Home key. The app remembers the last activated basic tool and brings up the corresponding option dialog. The problem may occur with this method is that for some basic tool, pressing down then releasing mouse button may trigger an operation.
To put an option dialog into auto show state, drag it to change its position.
To hide an option dialog, press down Home key while it is visible.

This is part of the "Streamline" tool system, a system that is supposed to streamline (make easier) workflow.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 09, 2015, 04:25:00 pm
In your laptop case, it is likely the window is outside of your app window so you can't see it. Because you copy its location from your desktop which has a bigger screen. Try making your app float, adjust its size to a small size, activate your tool and try to tap Home key to bring up the window(the window's location will be moved to the edge of the app window, then maximize the app window.
Indeed, this was the thing! The window appeared near the right border of the screen. A barely visible one-pixel-wide frame. :) Thanks, IStonia.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 10, 2015, 10:49:55 am
I added a new option. The basic streamline tool option window can show/hide by click LMB/MMB while the tool's activation mouse button is still being pressed. See if this is a better solution.

http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Feb-09-15.rar
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:57:02 am by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 10, 2015, 08:39:06 pm
The basic streamline tool option window can show/hide by click LMB/MMB while the tool's activation mouse button is still being pressed. See if this is a better solution.
I do not see how. There is still a need to change streamline tool option to "Allow tapped to stay alive".

That kind of process just adds to what is already a complex system (how many key_press/mouse clicks/options need to be made to get something to do what you want?).

For example, with default setting. We call streamline tool with hotkey, use mouse button to start tool function, we then bring up streamline tool options (be it "Home" key or further mouse click). We can change various option while the hotkey is still pressed, but if we try to manually add numerical input (to that options popup), tool options disappear. So then a need to change streamline tool options (to "Allow tapped to stay alive"), to keep tool option showing for numerical input.
There are some other issues, but I will leave it.

I suppose it is not as irritating as having visual tools (bevel/extrude/inset etc) option "Preview"(which by default shows far right hand side of screen), have its options to "cancel/Accept" show far top left hand side of screen.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 11, 2015, 10:33:57 am
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Feb-10-15.rar

* "Auto show" and "Sticky" buttons are added to basic streamline tool option window.
* The program remembers the "Cancel/Accept" preview window's location.