News:

Topic: Workplane tool?  (Read 6723 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 03, 2012, 01:37:13 pm
I am unable to find the "workplane tool". Is is described in the help file as being-> "Misc Tools-> workplane tool", but where is the "misc tools"?

There is also a description of setting the position/rotation/scale of the workplane through the workplane tool, but only if the workplane is visible and locked. How does one know if the workplane is locked, there is a toggle to lock/unlock(in edit->workplane"), but it does not show if the workplane is locked or not.

Hopefully one day, the programme will come with a list of commands/tools and their location, rather than it being so irritating trying to find anything.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 03, 2012, 05:01:12 pm
workplane must be visable and locked, than you clike on it's icon in the manipulation panel

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 04, 2012, 01:42:07 am
workplane must be visable and locked,
Yes, I mentioned that in my fist post. But my question was how do you know if it is locked or not, what indicates the workplane being locked or not locked?

than you clike on it's icon in the manipulation panel
Ah, its in the manipulation panel. Thanks. (I was looking for the "misc tools" as described in the help file).

Regards,

- Steve

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 04, 2012, 02:07:07 am
you when it's not locked, it trys ti line up with the closet plane to your view. when its locked it stays put no matter how you orbit the camera.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 04, 2012, 02:25:57 am
So the only way to know if the workplane is locked or not, is to start rotating the view to see if the workplane moves or not. A very strange workflow IMHO.

Regards,

- Steve