News:

Topic: VoidWorld Update Jun 20 2012  (Read 8387 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 20, 2012, 11:48:22 am
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Jun-20-12.rar

Summary of changes:

* The way of selecting gap loop vertices is changed to MMB + Double-LMB. It was LMB + Double-MMB.
  * 'No auto naturalization' option is added to spline 'Tweak' tool.
  * 'Rounded' option is added to edge shoulder style extrusion.
  * Polygon Inset/Outset tool's option is changed to 'Follow inside shape' and 'Folow outside shape'.
  * Segment can be changed on Chamfer/Extrusion/Inset/Loopcut tools, including the extrusion tool in retopo tool, without exiting the tool. To do that, while the tool is still live, press any number keys(excluding 0 key), '-' and '+' keys, or simply scroll WMB.
  * 0 key is set to be used as option changing tool for streamline tools. For example, drag out an edge chamfer then tap 0 key to see the changes while the tool is still live. For Polygon Extrude/Inset tools, once the tool is activated press down and hold 0 key then drag out the shape. This way, the app will treat each individual selected polygon as an seperate extrusion unit.
  * Creating geometry from spline in retopo tool is improved. After selecting the splines, press and hold Ctrl key then scroll WMB to set segment. Rlease Ctrl key to exit.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
June 21, 2012, 07:04:12 am
Hey Istonia, just a quick bug report as I noticed it immediately. 

Something has changed with the 's' Loop Cut/Slide Edges Streamline Tool, in that hovering over and highlighting an edge then pressing 's' will collapse it.

Previously you had to actually select edges for the collapse to happen.  As it is now it makes it difficult to Edge Loop Cut.  It is possible still but the 's' streamline tool needs to be activated away from the model (so that nothing is highlighted) then bring your mouse over the edges.  The Edge loop preview now shows.

Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 21, 2012, 07:19:08 am
ghib, I couldn't find the problem you described. May be a Collaps command has been assigned to the 'S' tool.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
June 21, 2012, 09:59:13 am
Ah I just Reset the Streamline Tool 'Loop Cut/Slide Edges and I had indeed changed this tool at some point in the past.

Event Actions
On Activated = Edge Shortcut Tools >> Collapse Loop/Ring Edges.

I much preferred it that this tool would only work on selected components and not with the Pre-selection hilighting.  Is there an option for this?  If not then it might be a good idea to expose this function to users preferences.

cheers
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
June 22, 2012, 10:20:06 am
Something has definitely changed between version Jun 07 2012 & Jun 20 2012

Steps to reproduce (try this in both versions):
  • Add Edge Shortcut Tools >> Collapse Loop/Ring Edges to 'On Activated' slot in the Loop Cut/Slide Edges Streamline tool.
  • check 'User event action enabled' & 'Activate NMB action on activated' & 'NMB action enabled'

• create cube
  • goto edge mode
  • hover over edge and press s - notice the difference between versions
  • now select an edge and press s - note what happens. both apps should collapse selected edge

I think the way you could setup the Streamline Engine tools was a lot more versatile the way it was in version Jun 07 2012 and before.
Hope this gets a fix :)
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 22, 2012, 11:24:16 am
ghib, can you try the latest version. There is a new option, Edit > Preference > General > Allow edge loop collapse on highligthed edge. If you uncheck this option, once S key is pressed, the loop line should be cut out. But now the cut out edges are selected automatically, so you need to clear the edge selection first before you can press S key again to make another loopcut. If you find you don't want the new lines get selected after cutting, I will make an extra option for that.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
June 22, 2012, 12:08:55 pm
I'm in two minds about having the cut loop edges selected immediately after the operation.
I can see that in certain instances it is really handy to be able to further manipulate your new edge loop but I have, in the past, accidentally collapsed edges without noticing it then continuing work only to notice (too late) and not being able to undo the mistake.

Maybe having the option is a good idea.

One more thing.. Is it possible that making a specific preference item for the edge loop collapse on highlighted edge is too specific for the Preference page.  Maybe the item could be added to the Customize Modeling Streamline Engine Tools page for all items.  This would give more control to the user as to what gets activated and when.

cheers for your patience
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 22, 2012, 01:12:51 pm
One more thing.. Is it possible that making a specific preference item for the edge loop collapse on highlighted edge is too specific for the Preference page.  Maybe the item could be added to the Customize Modeling Streamline Engine Tools page for all items.  This would give more control to the user as to what gets activated and when.

cheers for your patience

Not sure what you meant. Please give more detail.