News:

Topic: Any good Re-topo tutorials ?  (Read 3005 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 12, 2014, 03:08:22 pm
hi all,

just wanted to test the re-topo function(s) - is there a ggod video or written tutorial to start from?

So far I just know, how "Contours" plugin for blender works (which is awesome and easy to work with)

Cheers

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 12, 2014, 03:14:17 pm
Hi Onkelpoe,

Have a look in "Help > Contents > Modeling > Edge selection > Retopo" that contains a lot of information and should get you started.
Not sure if there are any tutorials, sorry.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 13, 2014, 06:59:08 am
Hello Steve,

thanks a lot for pointing me to the help-doc!
It has got all the information, I was looking for, but I got one question:

The number of segments is clear to me, but what exactly means the "Sides" vallue (which was set to 12)?

And there is no "Auto-retopo with user defined guides" function, just to be sure?

kind regards
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:13:25 am by Onkelpoe »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 13, 2014, 10:48:21 am
Hello Onkelpoe,

The number of segments is clear to me, but what exactly means the "Sides" vallue (which was set to 12)?
I am not sure if the information in the help file is incorrect/out-dated on that point, or if there may be a bug. (I do not use retopo, well apart from using it for lofting splines, I normally use surface align (some call that shrink wrapping)). As it is now, the "Sides" is setting the number of edges that connect splines.
I will make a post in the bug section to get clarification, as the help file does not tie up with the current function.

And there is no "Auto-retopo with user defined guides" function, just to be sure?
No, sorry.

Regards,

Steve

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 13, 2014, 05:05:58 pm
Ok, thank you!