News:

Topic: Vertex Weld and others  (Read 3378 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 20, 2014, 12:05:32 pm
`Quick Vertex Weld - Vertex weld detects and have indicator with close vertex(these helps welding vertices faster if you are having tons of vertex to weld)

`Locator - Something like blender, for example I am modelling an environment these helps because instead of creating a primitive or a custom object close to the place I want it to be. Implementaion.. Instead of having something similar to blender we can have a normally imovable object, how to move it -- you can move the locator by snapping to selected, snapping to selected pivot, and custom(I can't think of any other ways now, need to use to know more). This can also be use for rotation target, extrude target and etc.

`Smooth Groups Hot box..

`Improve

Other Export option..(for large scene/environment export)
Scripting..(so that other people can upgrade NVil)

PS : well I can these things are just minor things I want for NVil, what I really want to be implimented is improve UV mapping and other export options then I would shut up for about a year..

• No avatar
  • Polygon
May 20, 2014, 12:29:26 pm
Hi arvin00,

`Quick Vertex Weld - Vertex weld detects and have indicator with close vertex(these helps welding vertices faster if you are having tons of vertex to weld)
Vertex mode > move cursor over vertex(the vertex you want to weld to a target), press "S", move mouse and vertex close for welding will be indicated/highlighted, move cursor over target, release "S".

`Locator - Something like blender, for example I am modelling an environment these helps because instead of creating a primitive or a custom object close to the place I want it to be. Implementaion.. Instead of having something similar to blender we can have a normally imovable object, how to move it -- you can move the locator by snapping to selected, snapping to selected pivot, and custom(I can't think of any other ways now, need to use to know more). This can also be use for rotation target, extrude target and etc.
I am not sure what the "Locator" in Blender is. Is there any info anywhere, or could you tell me the location of such in blender(I am curious).

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 20, 2014, 04:20:20 pm
My guess is that the "locator" seems to be referring to the Blender "3d Cursor" (official name), judging by the description of what he's using it for.

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 20, 2014, 05:49:17 pm
Vertex mode > move cursor over vertex(the vertex you want to weld to a target), press "S", move mouse and vertex close for welding will be indicated/highlighted, move cursor over target, release "S".

Yep I know that one, but what I am suggesting is that I could weld vertex without pointing the target weld. NVil will guess the nearest vertex to weld...

My guess is that the "locator" seems to be referring to the Blender "3d Cursor" (official name), judging by the description of what he's using it for.

Yep your right.. Forgot what it was called haha..

• Triangle
May 21, 2014, 11:38:19 am

Am I getting this wrong or do you mean the "weld to nearest" function already present in Nvil? The best weld I have come across so far is the one in the retopo tool, where you move components around (for example  whole loops or parts of loops with S or D) and when moving them near adjacent components you just hit W and it gets welded. I wish this feature would also work outside retopo with a streamline tool.

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 21, 2014, 11:49:46 am
Am I getting this wrong or do you mean the "weld to nearest" function already present in Nvil? The best weld I have come across so far is the one in the retopo tool, where you move components around (for example  whole loops or parts of loops with S or D) and when moving them near adjacent components you just hit W and it gets welded. I wish this feature would also work outside retopo with a streamline tool.

yep that is what I want.. crap why is it only in retopo mode, I want it in streamline..