News:

Topic: Model fillets...  (Read 13182 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 10, 2014, 11:20:13 am
Alternatively, hooks exist in Carve to allow a 3rd party triangulator to  final result is produced
Steve, I did not intend to say that one can not create booleans interactively and with history. In mesh modellers such as 3DSMax, Cinema 4D and others such exists for many years already as an animatable modifier. What's particular in MF and not doable elsewhere is the controlled edge-softening.

What I intended to say is that on will look at triangles/ngons after all Boolean Operations:
Whether one works on Nurbs and exports the render mesh, or uses a SubD-Mesh and performs the same operations here. I heavily doubt that the Blender solver you mention is an exception, this would be a great novelty. I needed to see pictures. To me the text you quote rather means: You will have a nice interactive boolean effect, the outcome will be a quad dominant mesh with triangles and ngons – should you need purely triangles, one could hook up another mesher.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 10, 2014, 11:38:17 am
What's particular in MF and not doable elsewhere is the controlled edge-softening.
Yes, sorry, I drifted back just to base booleans, rather than the output that gives you surface blends.

MF is very powerful. I have been having a play, and find it very easy to use, and very fast. The final output mesh is certainly usable.

What I intended to say is that on will look at triangles/ngons after all Boolean Operations:
Well yes, It is really a case of wysiwyg (What you see is what you get).
Like when you place 2 objects intersecting, you may see a mixture of n-gons/quads/tris at the boundaries(intersecting faces). That is the result I prefer after a boolean, rather than where extra edges(triangulation) are added to join vertex.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:41:52 am by steve »