News:

Topic: Add cirularize to smart tips  (Read 2510 times)

• Vertex
February 10, 2014, 12:39:32 pm
Any way of adding the circularize selection tool to the smart tips panel or add a shortcut to it? At the moment I'm using it from the tools search. I know the right click add to smarttip function but it is greyed out for some reason.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 10, 2014, 01:40:40 pm
To add an hotkey to Circularize, or add it to the smartTips, you first need to create a streamline tool.

Go to "Edit > Customize > SteamLine Tools":-

New Tool > [popup window]Subobject Tool > OK

A new tool is created, you can rename if required in the "Tool Name" box.

With the new tool still selected, look at the right hand side top window. You will see the "Mouse function tools", there you can decide as to which mouse button you want to use to activate the basic steamline tool. In this example, I decided to use the "LMB"(Left Mouse Button), so click on the "Set" for that mouse action. That brings up the "Basic Streamline Tools" window, where you can select the tool you want. For the "Circularize" tool, that is found "Subobject tools > Mixed Tools". Select that tool.

The tool is added to the mouse action. To add an hotkey(shortcut) for that tool, with the tool selected, click on "Set Hotkey". A popup window then allows you to set a key or multiple keys for that tool.

Click OK when hotkey set, then press apply (top right of streamline tool window).

One way to add that tool to the SmartTips, is to RMB(Right Mouse Button) in the area of the SmartTip menu where the hotkeys are shown. That will bring up the "Customize Tools" window.
Look down the list for "Steamline Engine Tools" and double LMB on the header. That will open the list of tools entries for that section. (or you could use the "Search" at the top of that window)

Look down the list until you find the tool you created. You will see an option to "Show in SmartTips", just enable that option for that tool.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:45:39 pm by steve »

• Vertex
February 10, 2014, 03:40:10 pm
Thank you steve! It works like a charm. Cheers!