News:

Topic: Composite Tool: Editor Improvements  (Read 2125 times)

• Triangle
May 16, 2013, 05:38:51 pm
Working on composite tools can get a bit annoying. I wonder if it is possible to make the editor more like the streamline tool editor with the composite tools on one side, including management capabilities just like in streamline tool editor and hotkey assignment, and on the other side would be the stack, like it is now. It would be nice to apply changes without having to close the editor. Then the composite tool editor should also have its own entry in Edit->Customize.

Now I have to go to Edit->Customize->Tools->Composite Tools->Right click->Edit. The tools hotkey window stays open and can cause visual confusion when the same window opens again after clicking on "Add". It also takes screen space. It's also no fun having to close the stack editor every time I want to apply changes, just to open it again, change a value, close again and so on. Also, with the composite tools list on the side, it would make working with nested composite tools much easier, because I could easily switch between the stacks.

I am also wondering whether extra parametric tools are the only way to handle such a feature? This will lead to some great amount of redundancy and perhaps confusion. Is it really not possible to publish the paramters of the standard visual tools and commands to this interface?

• Triangle
February 14, 2014, 05:46:09 pm
It certainly would be nice, if the composite tool chain would be on hold when a streamline tool gets activated until it's finished. I tried using streamline tools in a composite tool but with no luck due to the immediate execution of following commands in the stack.