News:

Topic: VoidWorld Update 24 2012  (Read 5863 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 23, 2012, 08:47:21 pm
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Apr-24-12.rar

Summary of changes:

* A bug in obj expot is fixed.
  * Some minor reorganizing in top menus.

Thanks!

• Edge
April 23, 2012, 08:48:15 pm
:) amazing

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 24, 2012, 07:15:21 am
Much better  :)

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
April 24, 2012, 10:09:11 am
Just been testing this version and the previous one (April 23rd).  Here are my notes:

• Something seems wrong with the object Groups and moving the pivots around.  I almost always use the  'Object/Mesh Pivot' & 'Object Pivot' Streamline Tools but you should also check the Visual Tool 'Pivot'. 

-Create 2 objects (box & cylinder)
    -Move them apart
    -Select both and create New Group from Scene Explorer
    -Double click to select New Group
    -Activate Object/Mesh Pivot tool and move it in viewport

Notice that when you release the tool the pivot will snap back to original location.
  • The grid transparency doesn't work on areas of the screen where a mesh exists

I made the Floor Grid Opacity 0% but as you can see from the screenshot is still 100% overlaid on the cube.
  • thanks for making the toggle for subobject types.
  • also for Retopo ZOffset.  I did notice that it seems based on the Viewport Clipping planes and can vary depending on your focus.  So when zooming in really close the background Reference mesh still seems to clip through.  I WAS really pushing it to see if I could break it though so it will probably be ok for most modelling tasks.  Would it be possible to add the slider from the Preferences into the Retopo Reference List as I can see it might be something that people would tweak often while retoping?
  • The Guide Line object type is almost getting there but I think to be really useful it needs to be a global function and not need to be in a subobject mode to create them.  Maybe to keep scenes clean they could automatically be placed into their own Guidelines Group then if you want to flush out the scene you can do it neatly from one place.
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 24, 2012, 08:44:17 pm
Ghib,

-There is a 'Group Pivot' feature. When you double click a group node to select objects, you activate the group node as well. I am not sure I should remove this kind of group pivot activation method or not, it seems may confuse people. proup pivot can also activated through context menu in scene explorer. For more info see Help > Contents > Modeling > Scene Organizing.

-There is a streamline basic tool, 'Create Guid Line Object' under Generic tools. It allows you to create guid line object from two click points.