News:

Topic: Clipping issues in orthographic views!!!  (Read 16464 times)

• Polygon
October 17, 2017, 12:02:02 pm
In perspective view zooming, focus point always fixed and the camera must move toward or away from the focus point.

So when I switch to perspective view I should uncheck any options in View >> Orthographic View zoom options ?

or

Do I need to check "Camera Position Fixed" ?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 17, 2017, 10:56:10 pm
In perspective views, those options are not used/ignored so you don't have to do any thing.

You don't have to check "Camera Position Fixed" if "Camera Focus Both Fixed" is checked.

--------

I think It could be better to hide these two options from user and only keep "Camera Focus Both Fixed" is On.

• Polygon
October 18, 2017, 09:54:06 am
In perspective views, those options are not used/ignored so you don't have to do any thing.

You don't have to check "Camera Position Fixed" if "Camera Focus Both Fixed" is checked.

Ok, thanks all clear.

I think It could be better to hide these two options from user and only keep "Camera Focus Both Fixed" is On.

Anything you can do to automate the whole clipping setup so it has the best configuration for most users needs would be preferable.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 01, 2018, 08:34:46 pm
Hi Kevin, I just found out that the "Camera Focus Both Fixed" option didn't work at all in previous versions because of a coding mistake. Now it is fixed. Can you test it?

http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Oct-01-18.rar

My suggestion is
  • Keep "Camera Focus Both Fixed" On if no culling occurred.
  • If culling occurs.
    • Method A:
      Turn on "Move Both Camera and Focus" Option, so you can move the camera and its focus point both at the same time at zooming operation to find a position where culling can be eliminated.
    • Method B: (Use this method only if method A failed or the distance between camera and its focus point is too long which causes z buffer fighting at rendering.)
      Turn of both "Move Both Camera and Focus" and "Camera Focus Both Fixed" options. This way you can adjust the distance between camera and its focus point. Once culling gone, turn back on "Camera Focus Both Fixed" option.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 02, 2018, 06:04:49 am
Use this version
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Oct-02-18.rar

A new option is added.
* View > Display > Show Viewport Camera Info. Show active viewport camera's position, focus point and near/far clipping plane position in inactive viewport.