News:

Topic: Tips on Environment Modelling  (Read 9460 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
May 21, 2014, 11:13:45 am
Hi samardac,

At one time I only modeled in nurbs. I do have license for MOI (V1 + V2), but vendor refuses to release bug fixes (apart from the one bug fix release for V1 due to issue with (at the time) new Internet Explorer, and that was only because it would affect sales if not fixed.
The main problem with mesh that come from nurbs surface, is that they are reliant on the vertex normal information(taken from nurbs surface) being retained when imported into render engine, which not all do. So yes, nurbs modeling is quicker, but limits the applications you can import the mesh for render.

I have been thinking of going back to just modeling in nurbs, but would use Rhino at home.(I have used Rhino since the first beta releases).

• Administrator
  • Polygon
    • http://samardac.com/
May 21, 2014, 11:29:33 am
Steve, In my experience I have problems with vertex normals in Keyshot, it was 3rd version, do not know may be they fixed it now. Looks like all other major packeges like 3Ds Max can handle vertex normals. I for example, for long time use Cinema 4D for render and 3D Coat for texturing, they both  can handle vertex normals.
Portfolio: www.samardac.com