News:

Topic: Retopo Tool Improvements  (Read 2453 times)

• Triangle
March 15, 2013, 12:43:22 pm
Hi!
I will now suggest some changes that would contextualize the retopo tool some more.

The S/D+Ctrl click on an edge works only on border edges. It would be nice if it would slide edges that are no border edges. At the moment a similar result is achievable for closed loops by pressing S or D, then clicking an edge and then holding down CTRL+ALT, but this is scale and not exactly slide so for straight edges and in some circumstances it won't suffice.

When just clicking (and releasing) an edge, the create polygon tool gets activated. I wonder if it would make more sense to implement the cut tool for this case. Same applies for vertices that are not border vertices. Maybe it could also recognize if the second clicked component is not a border vertex, in which case the cut tool would also kick in.

Would it be possible that the tweaking, while in retopo tool, takes the Tweak Point-Pick option into account? So if this option is off, everything works as it is now, but if it is on, then soft selection is enabled?

At the moment I can't tweak polygons from within the retopo tool. Why is that? Instead the create polygon tool kicks in if I click on a face.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 17, 2013, 09:43:00 am
All done. The cut tool must be activated explicitly because there are cases when you need to create polygons above subobjects which are behind.