News:

Topic: NVil 101 - Best Practice  (Read 3856 times)

• Triangle
February 11, 2013, 04:26:53 am
Hi there!
This thread should become an omnium gatherum of tips & tricks when it comes to modelling in NVil. Which tools set NVil apart from other modelling apps? Have you come across a particular gadget, that when used in a specific manner can safe you tremendous amounts of work and time? Or did you just stumble upon a curious tool? Anything that may help is welcome!
If you're able, post some pictures or link to a video.
So bring it on and show us you best practice!

I will start off with nothing too fancy. It more or less happened to me by accident. I swear that never happened to me before, ever. :D So if you're in the mood for some creepy spikes, this is it:

Just use the Vertex_Chamfer/Extrude tool several times in a row on vertices that sit on a rim.

• Triangle
February 19, 2013, 11:24:21 pm
You can use the spline shortcut tool 'snap' to quickly create something like chains. But the use of the twist modification is mostly trial & error.

• Triangle
February 26, 2013, 04:45:08 pm
To set the pivot or group pivot to a certain location/orientation, you can, while the pivot or group pivot tool is activated, use the 'Perform Aligning' in the transform list, if you have a previosly saved transform. You can can also use the manipulation input fields, if you have specific coordinates in mind.