News:

Topic: NVil(1.0) Update Feb 10 2013  (Read 3539 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 11, 2013, 04:05:41 am
New Update
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Feb-10-13.rar

Summary of changes:

* Some bug fixings.
  * Brush tool 'Pinch' and 'Extend' is added. They are available both in basic streamline tools and vertex visual 'Tweak' tool.
  * View > Viewport Layout. Still some improvements are WIP.

Thanks!

• Triangle
February 11, 2013, 05:21:29 am
The 'snap view on rotating (orthographic)'-bug is almost fixed! The only thing, I have still to do is, after startup, go to each orthographic view, switch it to perspective from the menu or shortcut, and then snap into orthographic view while rotating the view. Then it works, even after doing the same in another view. Sometimes though the view gets stretched, but I don't care, it goes away if I zoom.
Kindly appreciated!

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 11, 2013, 05:45:13 am
The 'snap view on rotating (orthographic)'-bug is almost fixed!

Which command are you using? I have not seen a problem with view snapping.

I use alt+LMB for rotating view, when the view is close to direction I want, I(with alt+LMB still pressed) press "shift" and the view snaps. That works correctly both in Orthographic and Perspective views on my setup.

• Triangle
February 11, 2013, 06:07:18 am
When I start Nvil and switch the viewport layout to four views, for example, the view snapping (orthographic) only works in the perspective view. In the orthographic views, I can't snap out of it into perspective with this method until I once changed them to be perspective (via menu or hotkey) and then snap into orthographic with alt+LMB+shift. After doing that I can snap in & out in these views for the rest of the session.
In an earlier release it also stopped working in certain circumstances, but that's fixed now.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 11, 2013, 06:22:34 am
In "Edit-> Preference" -> "General". Have you unchecked(disabled) "Directional orthographic view rotation locked"?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 11, 2013, 07:12:50 am
steve, imagine you want to do this

You have an orthographic top view and you have never touched it since the app started. Now you want rotate that top view to inpect your model. you can't do 'Alt+LMB' to rotate the view because "Directional orthographic view rotation locked" is on. But if the view can turn into perspetive with 'Alt+LMB+Shift',
you will be able to rotate it and do your inspection. Once you finish your inspection, 'Alt+LMB+Shift' again the view will turn back to where it was, an orthographic top view.