News:

Topic: NVil(1.0) Update Feb 05 2013  (Read 5315 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 05, 2013, 11:36:54 am
Finally, after more than two and half years, NVil 1.0, formerly known as VoidWorld, is released. It is a pay program now. The features are pretty much complete and the program is stable.
Many thanks to every one who has any support or contribution to the development of this software!
The development will still be kept going whenever is possible. There are still plenty of rooms for improvement.

http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Feb-05-13.rar

Summary of changes:

* Setting Files are located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\DigitalFossils\NVil\User Settings. To retain your existing settings, you can move all your setting files from C:\Users\UserName\Documents\DigitalFossils\VoidWorld\User Settings.
  * View > Windows > Appearance > Toggle All Window Caption Visible/ Toggle Active Window Caption Visible.
  * Selection > Cycle Up/Down Preset Soft Selection Shape. Whenever 'Increase/Decrease Soft Selection' fallout command is executed, if 'StreamLine Tool Option Cycler' hotkey(default: Space) is pressed down, the program will fire 'Cycle Up/Down Preset Soft Selection Shape' command instead. This makes it possible for the two commands to share the same hotkey.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 06, 2013, 02:36:40 am
So i can no longer use NVIL or is there additional tools in the registered version or is it trial or  what?
I sure like it, but cannot for to purchase at this time.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 06, 2013, 03:57:37 am
So i can no longer use NVIL or is there additional tools in the registered version or is it trial or  what?
I sure like it, but cannot for to purchase at this time.

You still can use the free version, VoidWorld, for any purpose you like. It is quite capable and stable already.

I just need to release the paid version to generate some support so the project can keep going. The registered version now only has a couple of things new yet.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 06, 2013, 04:41:47 am
IStonia,

I would love to contribute in order to ensure that this program is developed further but the "Purchaser Info" portion only provides me with two options: New Zealand and Australia. I'm not from either of those places so before I go any further I want to make sure the "check out" will work.   

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:47:40 am by jcue »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 06, 2013, 06:07:24 am
IStonia,

I would love to contribute in order to ensure that this program is developed further but the "Purchaser Info" portion only provides me with two options: New Zealand and Australia. I'm not from either of those places so before I go any further I want to make sure the "check out" will work.   

Thank you

Hi jcue,

Firstly, many thanks!

You must have refreshed the page and the country list got lost due to a bug. I am terribly sorry abount this.

I have fixed it. Please try again and let me know the result. I am nervous now.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 06, 2013, 06:13:00 am
Thank you for the prompt response I really appreciate it. Order has been submitted and registration accepted. Everything seems to be working smoothly.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 06, 2013, 06:19:04 am
So, I can relax a bit now. Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 06, 2013, 06:48:39 am
Yep no worries.  The only thing I would suggest is sending a confirmation email after a purchase has been made. Luckily I saved my receipt after I purchased the program so I had access to my registration number.

No crashes...great sign.  ;D

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 06, 2013, 05:19:46 pm
I will continue to work with it a while.
I think I will contribute later. So far it seems to have a good work flow and great tools. Much more evaluating to do.
If it continues to grow on me the way it has in just a few hours,
I will start promoting it to my subscribers on youtube, by recording a few tutorials.
Thanks for all your hard work on the development.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 16, 2013, 09:34:49 am
hi Istonia.

Great to see you've finally been able to release a commercial version.  I have followed VoidWorld since the very early versions and am happy to support you by purchasing a registered copy.  Best of luck with future developments.

Cheers
Mal

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 16, 2013, 01:55:45 pm
Thanks! Mal. That's very kind of you. How's the truck?

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 17, 2013, 04:18:34 am
Hi Istonia.

File size was ¬5300kB with ¬320,000 polys when I stopped trying to work with it previously because VoidWorld was getting very slow with occasional crashing.  Just tried reloading this file into NVil 1.0 and received a message "Failed to load file for unknown reason" but when I closed the message window the objects had loaded and I could modify them. Operational speed seems good and I will probably resume building this model and see how far I can get.

Cheers
Mal

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 17, 2013, 04:53:22 am
Can you send me that file so I can fix the bug? Info@digitalfossils.com

If you have memory problem. You can increase your available memory via LAA(Large Address Aware).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:58:54 am by IStonia »

• Edge
February 17, 2013, 06:19:40 pm
Congrats Kun!
Hopefully you'll find time to promote your child on various 3d forums and channels.

Best of luck buddy!