News:

Topic: streamline set object/mesh pivot tool  (Read 9512 times)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
June 30, 2012, 01:51:07 pm
the streamline set object/mesh pivot tool, is bugging out a bit on me, i can no longer just type in values, in the manipulation too-bar, to change the pivot, which is a pain, since i use this to zero out the X or Z values so i can use symmetry to mirror a object.

and both tools, just dont seem to work very well anymore, sometimes when i drag it seems like the manipulator moves but the pivots stays in one spot.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 03, 2012, 12:35:10 pm
bump: has anyone else been experience some weird stuff when trying to set a new pivot location useing the streamline object/mesh pivot tool?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 03, 2012, 01:50:41 pm
Yes, it does not appear to work as described in the help file.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
July 03, 2012, 09:36:37 pm
yes it seems like there's a temporary pivot that moves and behaves according to the mouse clicks and the real pivot doesn't update until you release the hotkey.

Also punching in numbers into the Absolute Transform box and tabbing through XYZ then releasing the hotkey seems to only update the last box you've entered numbers into.

It wasn't always like this.
Senior 3D Artist

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 04, 2012, 02:09:59 am
ya used to work perfect, i used to always hold down my hot key for it and right click on x or y to center it so i can mirror things over a axis.

and it just feels weird dragging it, or just to snap it, really bugged out.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 04, 2012, 02:29:27 pm
Fixed. I think.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 04, 2012, 02:53:49 pm
only tested on some basic primitives, but yes it does seem to work as expected now, thanks, was a really large annoyance to me before.