News:

Topic: Wrong axis - also can't enter values with TAB or Enter  (Read 8116 times)

• Edge
    • Fusion DIgital Productions LLC
March 12, 2012, 01:38:24 pm
In the March 13 build, I drew out a cube in the front view.  It ended up with a very weird rotation.  The cube has Z pointed down and Y pointed backwards on the Z axis.

Also, when I tried to set the absolute position to 0,0,0, I was unable to tab between fields, and I also could not hit enter to enter the values either.  The only thing that worked was manually clicking in each field with the mouse.  It makes things much slower than they should be.

-Paul

• Administrator
  • Polygon
March 12, 2012, 02:28:38 pm
i was able to tab between the position boxes just fine.

and the orientation thing is weird, it seems it's trying to always have the y axis of the object point down to the view.

you could get around that by just dropping objects in scene instead of drawing them for now, or just quickly zeroing it out with the mesh-pivot tool.

note: a other quick way to zero things out is to simply right click on the axis label in the Manipulation panel.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:42:36 pm by Passerby »

• Edge
    • Fusion DIgital Productions LLC
March 14, 2012, 12:28:50 pm
I just tested again - Version 2.4 2012 Mar 13A - I cannot tab nor can I hit enter in any of the Absolute fields in the Manipulation window.  I just get a Windows "beep" error.

I have all the windows NVil has open and on my right monitor, while my 3D viewport is on the left.  I'm guessing that's the issue.  I was testing out Blender the other day and when I split it across 2 monitors it screwed up some of the interface too (some checkboxes just totally disappear).

Neat trick with right clicking!  That's a great shortcut.

Paul

• Administrator
  • Polygon
March 14, 2012, 12:40:55 pm
ya i run VW all in one display, occasionally i get 1 input bug where VW thinks shift is held down when it isn't, but just pressing and releasing shift again fixes that for me.

ya i can confirm input on the manipulation panel is bugged right up if it;s not on the same display as the view-port.

you could just place it docked to the bottom of the viewport, when you dock it to the bottom it will olny be 1 row thick and not take up much space.