News:

Topic: Sometimes numerical values can't be entered  (Read 3146 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
April 26, 2013, 09:16:24 pm
Hello.
This is something that has been driving me nuts for a long time.
Sometimes NVil reaches a state in which I cannot enter any numerical value into text fields. I click the text box, type values - nothing happens. The only remedy to it seems to be restarting NVil.

One thing I noticed (in one of the previous builds) is that it once had something to do with the CAPS-LOCK that turned on without my knowledge (the key's LED was wasn't lit, so technically it should be off!) and I could fix that with simply pressing this key once. This isn't the case any more in the newest builds.

Any ideas what's going on here?
Thank you.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 26, 2013, 10:27:46 pm
How often does it happen? The last time the key handling code was modified was when you asked for the Wind key. Could that be related?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
April 26, 2013, 11:29:18 pm
Hello IStonia!
Fortunately the issue happens quite rarely.
I'll try to pinpoint what causes it, but it's quite tricky. Sometimes I can work for days without any issues (but it might be so because I don't use numerical input too often), and sometimes it happens right after I launch NVil, like today: I launched NVil, entered my CTRL+SHIFT+RMB primitive creation custom radial menu and when I tried to enter a size of a cube, I simply couldn't.