News:

Topic: Composite Tool help please  (Read 3931 times)

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
January 19, 2017, 08:50:33 am
I would love to use P_Boolean in a composite tool

But need some advice on how to make it work.  I understand the parameters/arguments and how to change them.

Just not sure how to integrate it into a tool.  I am guessing I need to somehow define mesh A and mesh B.  Any advice?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 20, 2017, 12:10:27 pm
I am guessing I need to somehow define mesh A and mesh B.  Any advice?

You should read the tools description:-

"P_Boolean: Mesh A is the only mesh of the only selected object. Mesh B is the mesh under cursor when this command is executed."

To expand on description.
Create a new composite tool and add the "P_Boolean" with wanted parameters. Name new composite tool as required. When done, go to "Edit > Customize > tools > Composite tools", find the new tool you just created and add hotkey.
In viewport, select a single object(that contains only a single mesh), that is then "Mesh A". Move mouse cursor over object that is to be "Mesh B", press hotkey for the composite tool. The P_Boolean will be performed.
If you prefer to mouse click to select "mesh B", simply add a mouse click option when creating the composite tool hotkey.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
January 21, 2017, 07:30:02 pm
thanx!  I will investigate further!

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
January 24, 2017, 10:28:39 am
Cool, got it working.  I did not realize that it requires the use of a hotkey to be executed.

Thanks a lot!

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 24, 2017, 03:31:34 pm
Hi Mason,
I did not realize that it requires the use of a hotkey to be executed.

You can add it to a user (or radial)button if that is what you want. It takes extra steps.

1. Create Boolean composite tool, name as required.
2. Create Streamline tool, adding Boolean composite tool into one of the "Event Actions"(such as "On LMB down")
3. Create user button adding streamline tool into "Event actions".

To use:-
Select "Mesh A"
Click on user button (the streamline tool will become active).
Click on "Mesh B" using mouse button you defined in streamline tool (the event action button for boolean).
The boolean will trigger.

The downside is that you cannot exit the streamline tool internally. You need to either:-
Click user button again.
Press esc.
Start a new tool.