News:

Topic: Edge_DoubleLoop_Cut/Slide: no steppings  (Read 8014 times)

• Triangle
January 16, 2013, 09:47:45 am
This is a minor inconvenience. In many tools that show an adjustable metric when using the tool, one is also able to use steppings by holding ctrl or shift. With the Edge_DoubleLoop_Cut/Slide this is unfortunately not the case.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 17, 2013, 02:51:16 am
What is "adjustable metric"? Do you mean a value input UI control?
Stepping works on Edge_DoubleLoop_Cut/Slide tool already.

• Triangle
January 17, 2013, 11:41:02 am
By adjustable metric I just meant the value that appears next to the cursor that shows something like "0.0500m" and changes as you drag.

Well, in my case with the latest NVIL version, steppings don't work with the double cut. When I hold down Shift or Ctrl the sliding just stops. when I then release the mouse button, I am still inside the tool. The metric value is still displayed and I can again slide the loops by clicking and dragging. Now, when I release without holding down the shift or ctrl key, I exit the tool. When not holding shift or ctrl while releasing the mouse button the tool exits as it should.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 17, 2013, 10:08:00 pm
It just works fine for me.

It seems your stepping value may be too big and the cursor travelling can't get enough to make a step.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:00:57 pm by IStonia »

• Triangle
January 17, 2013, 11:56:44 pm
The stepping value wasn't the problem, but I found out what's wrong. I did activate the tool from the tool search! When assigned to a hotkey via streamline tool it just works fine. But said problems appear when selecting from tool search window.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 18, 2013, 08:05:16 am
It still works fine for me when I activate it from search window.