News:

Topic: Usertoolbars - Appearance - Font doesn`t work correct  (Read 11912 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
November 29, 2012, 01:01:49 pm
And have to say that it is pretty confusing.
You wanted lots of configuration options, ya got um. Unfortunately it can make it complex. (the old saying:- "Be careful what you wish for")

A item that is sorted under windows but influences groups doesn`t make much sense. Especially since the groups have their own font settings. And especially because i don`t have influence what group`s fonts gets changed then.
It does actually give you full control, but you need to see how the priority of the settings work.
It`s pretty random here.
It can appear random. You probably need to go in to tool_bar configuration and reset all the group tool_bar fonts, once they are all reset you can control them all from the higher level (not in customization) RMB (in a custom tool_bar) window-> Appearance -> Font.

I doubt that anybody will ever use the tool in the way you want them to. For me a case for the scissor :)
The addition of the tool_bars and the various configuration options have been added per your requests.

I am currently seeing no problem with the tool_bar configurations, although due to the different level options, it can be confusing.

If you still cannot sort the tool_bar config later, I will put together a post to try and help. (it will be better with some screen_grabs which will be better than trying to fully explain in words)

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
November 29, 2012, 05:52:06 pm
Poor iStonia to have me. Yeah, i`m the guilty one. But i never requested confusion :P

Hm. Nevertheless. The dilemma starts where a feature is getting so complex that you cannot really use it in an intuitive, self explaining way anymore. And that`s the case here. Fix it or not is the question now.
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http//www.reinerstilesets.de

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
November 29, 2012, 11:17:14 pm
Tiles, please use the latest update and follow these steps.

1. Clear all group individual settings so window level setting can take effect.
   Window > Appearance > Reset All Individual Group Font.
   Window > Appearance > Reset All Individual Group Title Font.
2. Set window level font setting.
   Window > Appearance > Group Font.
   Now all group titles and buttons should have the same font.
3. Set Window level group title font setting. If you don't use button text or you want the group title and button text to have the same font, you can ignore this setting.
   Window > Appearance > Group Title Font.
4. Set individual group title font. Only if you want a group to have different title font from the others.
   Group > Group Title Font.
5. Reset individual group title font. If later you change your mind and want a group's title font to use the window level font instead of its idividual title font.
   Group > Reset Group Title Font.

Anyway, the more control options you want, the more confusion will occur. That's inevitable. But the underline logic flow is pretty simple. If a child's property is not set, it will use its parent's property. If the 'Title Font' is not set, the 'Font' will be used. If nothing is set, system default will be used.

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
November 30, 2012, 09:26:55 am
Anyway, the more control options you want, the more confusion will occur. That's inevitable.

Not necessarily. I would`ve solved it in another way and would have simplified it by simply leaving away the global option to set the font for everything at once. It`s more than enough that the user can edit the group and window font at a individual base. It`s not that the user changes the layout at a daily base. Nearly all of them will most probably never ever touch it. Tinkering around with the layout is something for the cracks like me. But anyways. That`s just my personal opinion about it :)

And thanks for the explanation :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:28:58 am by Tiles »
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http//www.reinerstilesets.de