News:

Topic: Object Groups glitch?  (Read 11782 times)

• Vertex
July 08, 2012, 10:28:04 am
When you create, for example, two cubes, they will automatically being added to the Object Groups list, then, you create a group by selecting both and they will be added to the new group, and this is OK, but if you then remove the group (by selecting Remove--->Group Only) the objects disappear from the list too.

Is this done on purpose? If yes, why then when you create new objects they will be added to the list group-less and when you remove the group the object are not send back in the list?

Initial state                       after group remove

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 08, 2012, 11:15:48 am
Yes, I did that in purpose. Some people may have no intention to use object group, so new object is added with no group. But after that, the program will no longer manage the object automatically, because you may not want any groupless object in the list. If you like, you can drag out the object to make it groupless before you delete the group.

• Vertex
July 08, 2012, 11:49:48 am
Yes, I did that in purpose. Some people may have no intention to use object group, so new object is added with no group. But after that, the program will no longer manage the object automatically, because you may not want any groupless object in the list. If you like, you can drag out the object to make it groupless before you delete the group.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm testing the software clicking everywhere to see what the various functions does, so the first time I didn't trigger this, because I clicked on Clear first:

Sorry if is not really a bug, but for me look strange to have objects inside and outside the group, if you rightclick the outside ones and select Delete--->Remove From Group, they will disappear from the list, but remains inside the group, instead of the contrary.

I forgot to say it first, I'm using the July 08 version.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 08, 2012, 12:33:11 pm
An object can appear in different groups. I make this possible because I think user may want to group the same objects in different ways and keep that available at the the same time.

• Vertex
July 08, 2012, 01:06:59 pm
An object can appear in different groups. I make this possible because I think user may want to group the same objects in different ways and keep that available at the the same time.

Thanks for the clarification :)

This make really sense, as some objects can be put in a "Rocks" group and be part of a larger "Props" group, without the need of a very intricate hierarchy.