News:

Topic: Groups not saving  (Read 3290 times)

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 20, 2014, 02:27:57 pm
Seems that groups do not save with the scene.

Also, for the sake of simplicity would it not make more sense to just have 1 Scene Explorer similar to Maya...where ALL assets (groups, meshes, and objects) are listed?  Would make things simpler for everyone, easier to navigate and organize objects.  I plan to model an asset that will  contain hundreds of objects so I need to easily organize my scene.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 20, 2014, 08:25:07 pm
Seems that groups do not save with the scene.
Which group type and what format are you saving the scene (I am not currently seeing a problem)

Also, for the sake of simplicity would it not make more sense to just have 1 Scene Explorer similar to Maya...where ALL assets (groups, meshes, and objects) are listed?  Would make things simpler for everyone, easier to navigate and organize objects.
I preferred the groups as they where, before they where placed within the scene explorer.
Personally, I prefer such listings to be context sensitive, so I am only seeing/dealing with what I want at the time.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 21, 2014, 11:05:35 am
object groups in .vws format are not being saved.

The reason I suggest a more unified scene explorer is that it just seems redundant once you get into production assets.  Mesh list with 50 parts is made useless because it cannot be organized.  Same goes for an Object list. 

I am currently modelling a truck which involves thousands of parts. Without a proper scene management it becomes a very ugly experience.

Traditionally I have done this by creating nulls and parenting objects to the null and hiding them.  Its a an essential tool once things get complex.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:52:50 am by Mason »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 21, 2014, 11:21:24 am
The object groups are saved in the .vws file, but the object groups are not being created when the scene is loaded.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 21, 2014, 12:19:56 pm
Fixed.