News:

Topic: Set Navigation Space (World/Workplane) not updating all views  (Read 2702 times)

• Triangle
March 13, 2014, 12:18:39 am
The Set Navigation Space (Workplane) & Set Navigation Space (World) commands don't always update all views. It can even happen, that I'd end up with 2 different TOP views, one in World space and the other in workplane space.

Also: Could there be a hint on screen which tells the user if one is navigating in workplane space?

It's imaginable that the space used for navigation could be different between views. But then there'd have to be additional commands for 'Set Navigation Space (Workplane) On All Views' and 'Set Navigation Space (World) On All Views'.

• Triangle
March 13, 2014, 12:43:58 am
When executing 'Reset View' on a custom view whilst being in workplane navigation space, it results in navigating in world space, while the other views are still in workplane navigation space.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 13, 2014, 09:38:39 am
I have not seen the problem with view navigation (camera up vector), when changing between World/Workplane Navigation Space up to now.

The "Hint" of which space being used, yes, good idea. Currently, I have those commands(to change navigation space) on user buttons, but they do not reflect if they are active or not.

I am also seeing that "Reset View" is changing the navigation space from (when set to) Workplane back to world in the Custom View.