News:

Topic: Solidify/Thicken and extrude object path  (Read 3026 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 14, 2014, 05:02:02 pm
hello,

I tested a few things more and I really start to like this :)

Now, I am looking for things like array / extrude something along a path (let´s say, draw a circle or 3D object and place that N-timnes along a path... so basically "How to make a tire" things - a like.

2nd is there something to make a mesh "solid"? Like you cut a sphere in half and then give it some thickness, to make it become a bowl?!

Thanks in advance

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 14, 2014, 05:54:27 pm
Hello,

Now, I am looking for things like array / extrude something along a path (let´s say, draw a circle or 3D object and place that N-timnes along a path... so basically "How to make a tire" things - a like.
Select object to array, then "Visual tools > Instance". You will see popup window, with tabs for "Array", "Radial" which you can use. For objects along a path(spline), you first select the object and the spline(the path), again use the "Visual tools > Instance" and select the "Spline" tab.

For extruding along a path, it depends on what you are extruding. If you have a spline shape to extrude, select the spline shape, change to vertex mode, and use "Slide". If you want to extrude polygons along a spline, select the polygons and use "Extrude" (there is an option to "Snap to spline" for the extrusion)

To make a tyre, you may want to have a look at "Spline modify". That can be used to deform/bend etc. (To add:- quick example >here<)

2nd is there something to make a mesh "solid"? Like you cut a sphere in half and then give it some thickness, to make it become a bowl?!
In "Mesh" selection mode, you use "Shell"

My answer where just quick, but if you have a more specific example of what you want/need to do, then I can give a more detailed answer.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:06:49 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 16, 2014, 07:33:16 am
Hey Steve,

thanks again!
This was, what I was looking for