News:

Topic: Faster method of zero-ing out values  (Read 2607 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 18, 2013, 03:27:23 pm
Hi, in Maya when i needed to quickly zero out values of something or just change the values of anything I could click the box with the value and type the number in and then press tab to go to the next box, and shift tab to go to the previous one.  Also I could click the name of the value I was changing, and drag to the last value I want.  This would highlight all the boxes and by typing in one value and pushing enter would make all the values that number.  Would it be possible to integrate the tab key and shift tab into the value boxes?  Also could you make highlighting multiple values the way I described a possibility?  As of the July 07 update it's a little to much work to change values since I have to click the box for each value I want changed.

If this feature is already included, or there is a workaround I apologize.

• Triangle
July 18, 2013, 04:37:41 pm
For transformation values zeroing out as well as clicking&dragging is already possible. If you have the Manipulation window open you'll find the letter of the corresponding axis in front of an input field. You can click&drag on it with LMB to change the value. You can RMB click on it to zero out this one axis. You can MMB click on it to zero out all axes. The same goes for the manipulation input window, except you'll only see little squares in front of the input instead of the XYZ letters.
I don't know a method to change multiple values at the same time, though.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 18, 2013, 05:34:02 pm
Thanks Vaquero(quick response too  ;D)! Really neat, kind of a shame there's no way to change multiple values at once yet.  That's not what I meant by LMB drag, just meant it'd highlight as many vales as requested and then you're free to change them, but the LMB drag you described seems pretty useful.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 18, 2013, 10:49:39 pm
ya your speaking of how the channel box in maya works where you can drag the mouse along multiple input boxes to type values to all of them at once.

one of my fav thigns from the maya UI wish other apps behaved like this.