News:

Topic: Tutorials (some feedback first please)  (Read 9549 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 20, 2013, 12:22:47 am
Hi johnnybevo,

I do not really have a problem with file size, it is resolution reduction. How is handbrake with reducing screen resolution from HD1080 to HD720. Currently, the software I have looked at makes the reduction too blurry for my liking.

I was recently going to look at handbrake, but it requires .net 4 which I did not want to install.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 20, 2013, 12:41:15 am
I tried Camtasia Studio 3 now . I was surprised that youtube converted video recorded with the codec from Techsmith.

sample - http://youtu.be/wBkOUOyscVE
Sorry for my bad english. Do not hesitate to ask if you do not understand me :-)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 20, 2013, 01:03:57 am
I was surprised that youtube converted video recorded with the codec from Techsmith.

The codec(TSCC decoder)to decode camtasia files is freely available from Techsmith.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 20, 2013, 01:09:54 am
Yes, but I did not expect to support this codec =)

original file - 630 KB
On the youtube - MP4 720HD - 4.55 МБ
Sorry for my bad english. Do not hesitate to ask if you do not understand me :-)

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 20, 2013, 06:15:14 am
I looked for a free alternative to Camtasia. Among ordinary programs found one with lots of features - atomisystems*com/activepresenter

Pros: free version has Editor, Notes/Array, Zoom-n-Pan, Spotlight. Support export to avi, mp4, wmv, webM !
Cons: must not to select a codec =( Rather you can to select Flash Screen Vide (lossless), MPEG1(lossy), MPEG2(lossy), but not from OS.
You can to select quality, fps, format(avi etc)

I like it is software, confuses only the size of the output file. Probably also in other programs..

a sample the features:
http://youtu.be/5oeIzKD_rc8
(22 second, 10frames/sec, quality 28 from 30)

a size on HDD:
avi - 7300kb ~7mb
webM - 3400kb ~3mb
wmv  - 8400kb ~ 8mb
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:21:03 am by molebox »

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 20, 2013, 07:24:03 pm
Hi johnnybevo,

I do not really have a problem with file size, it is resolution reduction. How is handbrake with reducing screen resolution from HD1080 to HD720. Currently, the software I have looked at makes the reduction too blurry for my liking.

I was recently going to look at handbrake, but it requires .net 4 which I did not want to install.

It should work fine, I tested an Avi I went from 1280x720 to 800x600 and had no distortion at all.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 20, 2013, 07:41:37 pm
It should work fine, I tested an Avi I went from 1280x720 to 800x600 and had no distortion at all.

What are your setting for that?

I have installed Handbrake and looked at the Anamorphic changes, but still see some blurry results.
It may be my Handbrake setup/settings, or maybe I am just being too fussy about the results?

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 20, 2013, 08:18:59 pm

What are your setting for that?

I have installed Handbrake and looked at the Anamorphic changes, but still see some blurry results.
It may be my Handbrake setup/settings, or maybe I am just being too fussy about the results?

I just tried 1600x900 to 1280x720
I did have a little blur. It was about the same quality that my youtube videos are now.

The olny thing I changed in the setting was to check the web optimize button and used the anamorphic settings.
I am going to tinker with it some more and see if I can cut down the blur.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 20, 2013, 08:24:51 pm
Hi johnnybevo,

I think it may just be me being too fussy. There is bound to be some blur due to lost information during resolution reduction.
No need for you to spend time on this. I will play tonight to see what the setting do and make changes to see if any improvement.

At least it is more software for me to learn :)

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 20, 2013, 08:40:56 pm
Hi johnnybevo,

I think it may just be me being too fussy. There is bound to be some blur due to lost information during resolution reduction.
No need for you to spend time on this. I will play tonight to see what the setting do and make changes to see if any improvement.

At least it is more software for me to learn :)

Ok,
I will mess with it a bit later myself.
So now I am going to open up NVIL and go into learn mode.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
April 22, 2013, 11:38:01 am
I think a good one for new users would be to model something fairly simple that uses the common tools such as mirroring, snapping, beveling, etc.