News:

Topic: Initial configurations?  (Read 3073 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 02, 2013, 06:00:33 pm
Hello all... I am an old user of Wings 3D and the working way of this app looks very familiar to me. It is a nice app as it seems but I still am trying to learn its working ways. Now I did loose the upper bar (I mean the one which has the 'file','tools' etc in text). Also, whenever I want to open the tool windows they appear behind the working area (when it is maximized so as to take all the screen space). So, my questions are how to make the upper bar appear again and how to make the tool windows appear in the front of working space...

And, also, is there a way to get back the initial-manufacturer configurations? If there is such a way where the related command is to be found?

I know, maybe the questions look as silly somehow but they remain as questions to me... so, thanks for any help...  :)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 02, 2013, 06:39:03 pm
Can you provide some images so I can see what is the problem?

To get back to initial settings, empty/rename/delete this folder
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\DigitalFossils\NVil\User Settings

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 02, 2013, 08:03:14 pm
I deleted it and unzipped it again in a new folder... but there remains the same problem. When I opened again the app the viewport etc appeared as in the previous time. Besides, in the folder where it is unzipped there are only some dll files, the 'help' and 'media' folders and the app's opening button, nothing more... there is no any file titled 'user settings'.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 02, 2013, 08:16:25 pm
Here is a screenshot from the view that appears in my monitor... the question is how to get back the upper bar so as to find the full list of tools etc (and, in general, to get back the initial settings)...

• Triangle
July 02, 2013, 09:33:28 pm
Open up an explorer window and enter as the adress, or alternatively go to the search bar in your start menu and enter:

%AppData%\DigitalFossils\NVil

That should take you to the folder containing the directory "User Settings".
Let me know if it works.

The User Settings are generated on your system when you first start NVil. They are not contained in the zip file.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 03, 2013, 09:18:25 am
I did find the location making a search by putting solely 'digital fossils'... otherwise it would be difficult to find it. I think that getting back the initial configurations should be linked to a hotkey. Anyway, thanks for the help... now it is ok. the initial configurations came back. :)