News:

Topic: Polygon Groups  (Read 4118 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 29, 2015, 10:41:26 am
Hi IStonia,

I am currently working on some mesh that have many polygon groups (90+ groups each mesh).
When working with those groups it can be a pain when I want to deselect one of the groups (with other groups selected).

For example.

In "Polygon Shortcut tools > Group" window, I can use "Ctrl+LMB" to select and deselect a group. So if I can have 30 groups selected, I can de-select one group by "Ctrl+LMB" on that group in that window (all other selected groups remain selected). The issue with that, is that the polygon group window will not re-size, so I can only see 7 groups at any one time, and I am having to constantly scroll the window up/down.
In "Scene Explorer > Polygon Groups" The window can be resized, however, trying to deselect a group(with others selected) is a problem as "Ctrl+LMB" does not deselect a group. I have looked at the "RMB click" sub_menu to "Exclude" a group, but that works on all groups that are checked, so have to uncheck all groups that I do not want to deselect first, that is then an issue if I want to add a group to that current selection.(I have been going around in circles trying to get that to work)

So, if you can find time, would it be possible for either:-

Allow the resizing of the "Polygon Shortcut tools > Group" window,
OR
Allow the deselecting of a group using "Ctrl+LMB" in the "Scene Explorer > Polygon Groups" window.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 03, 2015, 01:21:21 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jul-03-15.rar

In Scene Explorer, Crl+LMB = exclude, Shift+LMB = include.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 03, 2015, 02:49:15 pm
Excellent. Thank you very much.

There is a slight problem. Previously, when a group was selected in the "Scene Explorer", the group would be auto checked(tick in the little box), which would indicate which group(s) I had selected. When selecting a group in the scene explorer, that check mark is no longer added.
Now I am having to select a polygon group and also check the box, but if I leave focus of the "Scene Explorer", when I go back, if I scroll (before clicking on a group) the "Scene Explorer > Object group" window (which I have to do due to amount of groups on object), all those groups have the check_mark removed, so I do not know which groups I have selected.
In the "Polygon shortcut tools > Groups" window, any selected group is highlighted. Is that not possible in the "scene explorer" for polygon groups?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:21:51 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 03, 2015, 09:53:32 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jul-04-15.rar

Ctrl+LMB = Unchecked. Shift+LMB = Checked.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 04, 2015, 12:50:27 am
Hi IStonia,

Selection / deselection now OK. Thank you.

There is still a slight problem after focus is taken from the scene explorer.
If for example, I select a polygon group(s). I then view navigate(focus taken from scene explorer), when I go back to the scene explorer, if I click on the scene explorer window or scroll bar, then all selected groups are unchecked.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 04, 2015, 05:13:50 pm
Hi IStonia,

Unfortunately, still a problem.

Simple example.
Create many polygon groups, so that you have to scroll scene explorer polygon groups window. Select group at top of list, scroll down and select group at bottom of list. Take focus away from scene explorer. Go back to scene explorer and click on "scene explorer" window or use scroll bar, current selection is lost (on model)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 04, 2015, 07:47:54 pm
I follow your steps but it works fine. Can you make another animated pic?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 04, 2015, 08:57:02 pm
Can you make another animated pic?

Here you are:-

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 04, 2015, 10:47:05 pm
That is looking good.

Many thanks.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 14, 2015, 02:23:54 pm
Hi,

I am unable to rename polygon groups if the name of the group already exists, even though that group is on a different object.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:34:59 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 19, 2015, 04:49:10 am
Thanks IStonia, re-naming now OK.

Another issue.
If I want to delete more than one polygon group.
In the "Polygon Shortcut tools > Group", I can select all the groups I want to delete, then press the delete button.
In the scene explorer, after selecting all the groups, I have to RMB to bring up the options, but using RMB deselects all the groups apart from the group under the mouse. So I have to delete each group one by one.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 19, 2015, 05:33:15 am
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jul-19-15.rar

RMB won't change the check status.