News:

Topic: Radial Array  (Read 9190 times)

• Vertex
October 02, 2012, 02:59:11 pm
I was wondering if you could add rotational values to the "Duplicate Instance" Array dialog please? Currently I only see options for translation and scale. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
-ShaneO
Cheers,
-ShaneO

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 09, 2012, 10:41:35 am
done.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
October 14, 2012, 06:17:20 pm
Hello,

I was having a quick look at this implementation. When using the option "Ellipse" (or Oval), should the instances not be (by default) equally spaced and orientated to path?

Snap shot from VNIL showing (top) an "Ellipse" from "Instance > Radial > Ellipse". The instances have not been equally spaced and do not have orientation to underlying path. Below that, shows the result of "Instance > Spline" which is how I would of expected "Radial > Ellipse" to look like.

• Triangle
October 15, 2012, 09:18:08 am
It looks like the orientation matches the tangents of a circle. The translation looks like it is accelerated towards the apex, which I would expect, if the translation is still being based on a circle, which is then scaled.
If you set the number of instances high enough, the option "oval" creates something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemniscate_of_Bernoulli
Is this intentional?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 15, 2012, 01:20:18 pm
Improved.

If you set the number of instances high enough, the option "oval" creates something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemniscate_of_Bernoulli
Is this intentional?

I implemented the 'Oval' style by mistak because I forgot the Ellipse equation. Since it's been done and can be usefull anyhow, I just keep it, no waste.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:30:16 pm by IStonia »

• Vertex
October 15, 2012, 04:37:11 pm
Thanks for testing this guys! I haven't had the chance yet... and thanks for adding an ellipse IStonia! What a bonus!
Cheers,
-ShaneO