News:

Topic: Group Pivot setup  (Read 7548 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 20, 2012, 11:20:19 am
Here I have 4 box primitives, which I want to group.

In the "Scene explorer" I create a group folder and add the 4 objects to the group.

To activate the "Group pivot", either double left click the group folder, or right click[the group folder] and "select-> Replace"

The group pivot will show in scene, placed by default at world 0,0,0 with world orientation.

To set the group pivot, you will need to enable the streamline tool "Group pivot". That tool is setup, but requires a Hotkey to be set.

Select "Edit-> Customize-> Streamline tools" which brings up the "Streamline customization window". Look down the list and you will see "Group Pivot". Here I have set a Hotkey "P"

While the group pivot is active, press the Hotkey you have set for the "Group Pivot" tool, on screen the "Instant help" will show the various mouse clicks for setting the "group pivot"

So if I wanted to set the group pivot to the geometry center of the group, I would press the LMB + RMB

The pivot will be placed to setting made, however, if you want the pivot to move with the group, you need to enable "Edit-> Options-> Group Pivot goes with objects"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:23:50 am by steve »

• Administrator
  • Polygon
    • http://samardac.com/
October 12, 2014, 07:52:35 am
Hay Steve, where did you get this table?
Portfolio: www.samardac.com

• No avatar
  • Polygon
October 13, 2014, 10:48:21 am
Hay Steve, where did you get this table?

That was from Voidworld.
The basic streamline tool list view was changed to "Tree view" in Nvil update Feb-28-2013