News:

Topic: Renaming Objects - Scene Explorer  (Read 3763 times)

• Polygon
October 07, 2017, 01:26:00 am
I'm having issues with renaming objects in scene explorer.

Double clicking on the object name is a bit hit and miss whether it will go into edit mode where I can change the name of the object.

If I highlight the object in scene explorer and right click & select rename it works fine but then when I type in the new name & hit enter it reverts back to its old name.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 07, 2017, 01:51:46 am
Double clicking on the object name is a bit hit and miss whether it will go into edit mode where I can change the name of the object.

It is not double click precisely. You click the node to select it. Then you press down LMB at it, keep pressing for a while, half a second or so, then release LMB.

If I highlight the object in scene explorer and right click & select rename it works fine but then when I type in the new name & hit enter it reverts back to its old name.

It works fine on me.

• Polygon
October 07, 2017, 02:31:46 am

It is not double click precisely. You click the node to select it. Then you press down LMB at it, keep pressing for a while, half a second or so, then release LMB.

I didn't know that, thanks !

With regard to the new name not sticking I have had a closer look and realised that I was trying to rename it to another object in the scene that already had that name. It was inside a collapsed folder so I didn't visually see it. Is it possible to add a warning ? or have it automatically put a _01 on the end or something like that ?