News:

Topic: [Fixed] Sep-8-17 crash  (Read 5177 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 08, 2017, 09:27:52 am
With the "Action Cancel Command" not functioning within a NMB streamline tool, I though I would change key bindings on the "Action Cancel Command" to attempt better workflow.

So I tried binding:-

Ctrl+RMB = Crash when pressed
Code: [Select]
Faulting application name: NVil 1.0.exe, version: 2.3.6459.42432, time stamp: 0x59b120b0
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.6.81.0, time stamp: 0x5584e818
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000000000005b228
Faulting process id: 0x308
Faulting application start time: 0x01d32881605e9366
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Stem\Documents\NVil-Sep-08-17\NVil 1.0.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll

Shift+RMB = crash
Ctrl+Shift+RMB = Crash

So I give up for now.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:36:05 am by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 09, 2017, 03:48:36 pm
Try this with Action Cancel on streamline tools.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-11-17.rar

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 09, 2017, 07:04:22 pm
Ctrl+RMB(Action Cancel Command) no longer crash Nvil. But it will not function correctly while basic streamline tool active.
As for:-
Try this with Action Cancel on streamline tools.
It will not work (on NMB streamline tool) as would be expected(by me) due to implimentation.

When you call a NMB streamline tool, the basic streamline tool is active, and remains active. All mouse clicks are highjacked(redirected) for internal hard_coded events. So none of the streamline tools "Event actions" will work from mouseclicks until basic streamline tool is exited.

As example.
Streamline tool:-
Allow tapped to stay alive

NMB tool: Extrude_Normal

Event Actions
RMB Click: Call Composite tool (composite tool simply shows(when called) message it is called)

I set hotkey.

Tap hotkey.
NMB streamline tool called. NMB function active, extrusion made with mouse movement. On RMB click internal hard_coded function for RMB used "Action cancel + Undo" which will undo extrusion, basic streamline NMB tool canceled. RMB click, streamline tool action now used and composite tool called.

Other "Event actions" mouse clicks/mouse up ect, have different results, some do nothing, but none will be processed untill basic streamline tool exited.

--------------------------------
Another example, is the default config "Extrude" default hotkey "A". Set the tool to "Allow tapped to stay alive"
With polygon selection made, tap "A", move mouse, extrusion made. Now press RMB(mouse function set to "Polygon_Extrude_AverageNormal"), Hard_coded "Action cancel + Undo" will be called.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:12:52 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 11, 2017, 09:57:47 am

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 11, 2017, 11:59:04 am
I have checked by using the "Action cancel command" in the "RMB click" and "RMB up" events, and the NMB/stay_alive streamline tool will now exit. Thank you.

One issue I have seen, is that after exiting that NMB/stay_alive streamline tool using the "Action cancel command", is that the manipulator is not initially selectable.(regardless of how streamline tool is called)

After exiting NMB/Stay alive Streamline tool via "Action cancel command"(RMB click/RMB up):-
Moving mouse cursor over manipulator, manipulator does not hightlight. LMB click+drag on one of the manipulator axis, "Window selection" is used.

There is a current need after exiting streamline tool via the Event action > "Action cancel command" to make further mouse click in viewport before manipulator selectable.

------------------------
NOTE:-
I have been trying out a basic (custom UI) config. But the animated cursor movement to center of screen is far too off-putting, visually and for workflow. So if that animation is staying, you can undo the change you needed to make for that, as I will not be making that congfig.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:18:31 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 11, 2017, 12:48:55 pm
What kind of operations are you trying to do?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 11, 2017, 02:38:03 pm
Simple examples:-

2 mouse click operations.

NBM > Polygon_LocalMove_Polygon normal:
Used for local move and extrusions (For extrusions: zero extrusion made in composite with NMB streamline tool then called. To simplify group/individual normal extrusions to 2 user buttons)

NMB > Snap_Position_Normal
To snap existing objects, or called from composite to place composite created primitives.

NMB: Edge_chamfer_Chopoff
simple tool for chamfers with no need to be looking at the various options

It is a case of my finding tools that can be placed into a NBM streamline tool, that dont require prior interaction/highlighted elements with viewport.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 13, 2017, 12:20:43 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-14-17.rar

A new option is added for user buttons, Set as streamline tool sticky button. Once it's on, if a streamline tool is activated either directly or indirectly by a composite tool from the button, the cursor will be locked inside the buttons and cursor movements will be transferred to viewport to perform the operation.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 13, 2017, 01:31:39 pm
I have just fixed a bad bug and renewed the file. When you see this, please redownload it.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 13, 2017, 01:38:11 pm
I have just fixed a bad bug and renewed the file. When you see this, please redownload it.

The last version was certainly volatile. I was just making bug(s) report when I noticed your new reply.

Will try with new version.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 13, 2017, 03:04:48 pm
With renewed version.

Still an issue with attempting to exit a NBM(stay alive) function.(currently testing by calling streamline tool via hotkey (Stay alive enabled))

By default(hard_coded), the behaviour of mouse clicks on a NMB(stay alive) streamline tool are:-

LMB click: Exit NMB function and repeat NMB function
RMB click: Exit NMB function, undo its action, remain in streamline tool.

When "Action Cancel Command" set to "Event Action" > "On RMB Click"

LMB click: Exit NMB Function and repeat NMB fuction
RMB click: Exit NMB function and repeat NMB function (so now same as LMB click)

Sometimes a double RMB click will exit NMB function + exit streamline tool, but other times 3 or more RMB clicks are needed.

If/when you can find time, could you please take another look.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 14, 2017, 10:04:54 am
I don't see the problem. When you finished an operation, like extruding, which is marked by a mouse button up, you have two choices, 1. Continue to do another extrusion. 2. Just click to exit the tool. On my test, it works fine.

There is timing control in click event. Edit > Preference > General > StreamLine click event timing. If the viewport performance is low, the event will become unreliable.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 14, 2017, 01:34:31 pm
I don't see the problem. When you finished an operation, like extruding, which is marked by a mouse button up, you have two choices, 1. Continue to do another extrusion. 2. Just click to exit the tool. On my test, it works fine.
On testing with lastest release(sep-15), the mouse event`s work OK while there is no "NMB tool" active. Although after several mouse clicks attemping to test timing events, Nvil became unresponsive, with a need to kill process.
After placing a "NMB event"(extrude), the only event that appears to work is the "Mouse down". Again after a number of mouse clicks in attempting to get the other mouse click events to show, Nvil became unresponsive.

So I can now use "Mouse down" for a mouse click, to exit NMB tool, as long as no other mouse events are populated. So all good/happy

There is timing control in click event. Edit > Preference > General > StreamLine click event timing. If the viewport performance is low, the event will become unreliable.
I have seen report on forum about issue with "double click" on large scene, but as I am currently only testing with a box(6 sides/12 faces) I do not see how that would affect timings.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 23, 2017, 02:31:43 pm
Try this

A new option is added for user buttons, Set as streamline tool sticky button. Once it's on, if a streamline tool is activated either directly or indirectly by a composite tool from the button, the cursor will be locked inside the buttons and cursor movements will be transferred to viewport to perform the operation.

Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-24-17.rar

The option has been moved from user button level to individual mouse buttons in button customize form.