News:

Topic: Toggle functionality for User Tool Window Buttons  (Read 7592 times)

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 29, 2012, 01:07:59 pm
New functionality brings always new wishes, heh :)

Is it possible to give the buttons in the User Tool Windows a toggle functionality like for the items in the Smart Tips? The Tweak Tool is a good example here. Clicking at the Tweak item in the Smart tips turns the tool on. And it remains active until you click it again. That would be neat to have so that you can replace the Smart Tips by a much smaller iconized User Tool Window :)
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http//www.reinerstilesets.de

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 29, 2012, 01:22:17 pm
I think it works in that way already.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 29, 2012, 01:35:13 pm
Hi Tiles,

It appears to be working OK here.

Which "Tweak tool" are you setting? Did you exit tool_bar customization before trying the shortcut?

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 29, 2012, 04:44:54 pm
Huh, must`ve been a polterghost. Indeed, it works. This is great. That`s what i call fast fixing. Fixed before reported. Yay :D

I most probably have forgotten to leave the editable mode i guess.

There is another small issue with tweak. When i turn it on then there`s this huge tooltip that comes up. Is there a way to prevent this tooltip to come up? It covers my toolbar, and i have to wait until it disappears. I seem to remember that there are other huge tooltips for other tools. Maybe this can be made dockable like the smarttips?

And one more issue, the difference between active and inactive button is very hard to see with this small black border. Could you make it more outstanding? And for icons maybe add a second icon for the checked state too? I would also be green with simply make it more bright when checked.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 05:00:08 pm by Tiles »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 29, 2012, 08:31:17 pm
I don't know what is the huge tooltip you talked about. Can you show it in a pic.

Also what is the black border? Currently if the button is checked, I make a red border around it, can you see that? For example create a button for vertex snapping.

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 30, 2012, 07:49:06 am
First shot shows the huge tooltip that comes up. I have to click into the workspace to make it go away. And second shot shows the black dotted border around the selected button. There is no visual difference between checked or unchecked though. No red or green. Checked look is equal unchecked look.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:55:11 am by Tiles »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 30, 2012, 08:17:31 am
There are some option for the 'Instant Help', it it streamline tool related.
- Edit > Options > Show Instant Help.
- It can be dragged to relocate.
- You can resize it by dragging the grey box.

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 30, 2012, 10:00:06 am
Thanks for pointing me to the hidden functionality :)

I thought the position and size is fixed. And i also thougth the tooltip will come up in all cases.

For me it looked like this grey box is an input box for writing some help commands. It`s a bit uncommon to solve the resizing bar the way you did. And you will most probably not find it out because there is no resize mouse icon appearing. I would add a little hatched triangle downright. And displaying the drag mouse icon when being over it. Same goes for moving the box away. When there would be a title bar then it would be more visually clearer.

I´ve turned the tooltip off now :)